IGNORED

Team for Saturday - start early !!

Meh

Tomlin suspended and Little seemingly unlikely to be fit based on the urgency of the change !

Revert to 4-4-2 or stick with the number 10 role but who to fill it? Brownhill, Paterson, Reid or a suddenly fit Engvall?

Moore staying at right back or the return of a nearly fit Matthews?

Lots of questions and lots of players seriously blowing it out their arse in last 10 tonight so could be a big overhaul and use the squad depth ??

Thoughts/guesses ??

10 minutes ago, Neo said:

Tomlin suspended and Little seemingly unlikely to be fit based on the urgency of the change !

Revert to 4-4-2 or stick with the number 10 role but who to fill it? Brownhill, Paterson, Reid or a suddenly fit Engvall?

Moore staying at right back or the return of a nearly fit Matthews?

Lots of questions and lots of players seriously blowing it out their arse in last 10 tonight so could be a big overhaul and use the squad depth ??

Thoughts/guesses ??

I would imagine that Matthews may leapfrog Moore into the right back position, he is a natural full back after all and Moore covers more (no pun intended) positions on the bench. If Joe Bryan really did struggle maybe Golbourne may return, I think I am right in saying that Forest play with a couple of nippy wide men, so it may pay to freshen it up a bit. I think GON in for Tomlin and pushing Bobby in behind a rested Tammy is a given.

7 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

Tired legs after tonight so Moore, GON, Brownhill, Wilbs and Goldthorn in for me. Quality squad, make use of it and keep allcomers interested. Happy squad, happy days.

Goldthorn? Now that is just the cider talking ;) 

Frankie

Matthews - Flint - Moore - Bryan

O'Neil - Pack

Paterson - Reid - O'Dowda

Abraham

Reasons for changes :-

Magnusson was good last night but tired and Moore is fresh and played well there at Fulham

Little was injured and hard to see him recover/risked Saturday so Matthews back

O'Neil in to allow Reid to play further forward in place of the suspended Tomlin

O'Dowda to replace the exhausted (but my MOM) Freeman

4 minutes ago, Neo said:

Goldthorn? Now that is just the cider talking ;) 

Frankie

Matthews - Flint - Moore - Bryan

O'Neil - Pack

Paterson - Reid - O'Dowda

Abraham

Reasons for changes :-

Magnusson was good last night but tired and Moore is fresh and played well there at Fulham

Little was injured and hard to see him recover/risked Saturday so Matthews back

O'Neil in to allow Reid to play further forward in place of the suspended Tomlin

O'Dowda to replace the exhausted (but my MOM) Freeman

Zero chance that the Flint-Hordur partnership will be broken up after a clean sheet unless one of them is injured. O'Neill for Tomlin is a certainty, I think O'Dowda may get a start for Freezy or Patterson, Matthews or Moore will be in at full back.

I'd go for something like this..

Fielding

Matthews - Flint - Magnusson - Bryan

O'neil - Pack

Paterson - Reid - Freeman

Abraham

You have to keep Frankie in there with two clean sheets, he has done well. I'd also stick with LF, he may be exhausted but the confidence will push him through. He'd want to play for sure! Then Matthews a straight swap for Little likewise GON for Tomlin

8 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Zero chance that the Flint-Hordur partnership will be broken up after a clean sheet unless one of them is injured. 

Two clean sheets actually.

But is this not about the best team to make it 3?

Magnusson is still young and playing much more competitive football than he other has. 

Mentally and physically he is getting fitter and fitter BUT I believe due to the number of games he has played in short space if time he was jaded and blowing for last 20 but will to win saw him through.

He is unlikely to recover fully and could "flag" earlier so I would leave him out and bring in an able deputy who loves the hard tackle alongside Flint as I think this is the best chance of another shut out.

Not sure about Matthews, he's obviously not fit or he would have been starting - so maybe play Moore, he seemed to slot into the team last night, and he managed to get forward a times as well.

I would keep things mostly the same, but give our Left side a rest as they looked exhausted last night, so maybe Luke and Bryan on the sub bench. Tomlin is suspended, more than happy for Reid to take his position.

ScreenShot_20160928084838.png

9 hours ago, mozo said:

Forest didn't win any of their 6 games in September. Cracking fixture for us :)

Haven't kept a clean sheet either, and conceding an average 2 goals per game, although they have scored one more than us, should be an interesting game.

I think if Matthews is anywhere near fit he will start with Moore covering on the bench again. Think O'Neil will come in for Tomlin and it depends on the legs of the others, wouldn't be surprised to see O'Dowda start, and probably in the place of Freeman. Don't think Paterson would want to be dropped for this game

------------------------FF-------------------------------TM-----------HM----------AF------------JB---------------------GO'n--------MP--------------------------CO'd---------------BR------------------JP-------------------------------AW----------------------------

give Tammy a rest and bring him on with 20 to go, plus Freeman depending how it's going.

Archived