IGNORED

Freeman

JasonM88

Still having moments of running into opposition players and giving the ball away unnecessary but looks half a yard faster than the start of the season - let alone last season.

I think we're starting to see the Freeman that we should have had last season.

5 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

I think it was exhaustion as much as anything. He'd run his little legs off.

Agree.  I thought O'Dowda would have come one for him for last 10, but maybe LJ wanted to keep a sub back in case of injuries as we're we holding on at the end and the risk of going to 10 men would have been too great.  Great performance by Luke and pleased to see him back.

Think O"Dowda should come in for Freeman against Forest on Saturday to give him a rest.  No point having a strong squad and not using it.

11 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Some people round by me forgot as well, shouting to get O'Dowda on. Does anyone know what's wrong with Little? 

Looked serious. Bad luck for especially as he is getting back to his with his marauding runs last night.  Moore looked solid through.

The only thing Freeman needs to add to his game now is to get his head up - he would then be exceptional, when he tore down the line, lots of space, and... crosses the ball but we had no one within 15 - 20 yards of the box, so the ball just drifts across the box, he had the time to look up and see nothing was on, maybe pass it back or try to cut into the box himself. A few times he had the ball in the area as well, but instead of pass to a player or into space his head is down as he's trying to control the ball and runs into players and misses out - 

He has improved a lot this season, if he could also get his head up he would one of the best in the Championship.

1 hour ago, Strawberry2157. said:

Hamstring... waiting to see how bad. No mention of Matthews since coming off last Wednesday at Fulham (Deservedly) not even on the bench... gone back to Sunderland?

He wasn't fully fit hence only played 45 mins at Fulham.

Can't justify putting a half fit player on the bench at the moment, especially when Moore can play RB.

Expect Matthews will start Saturday though.

2 hours ago, Ian M said:

If he did, there was no mention of it on either bcfc.co.uk, the bristolpost or on a google news search.

I just went back over the time period I thought it was announced on the official site incase it wasn't appearing on Google for some reason - I cant find it so it looks like I may have miss remembered this particular point.

Archived