IGNORED

Man on the PA

bs3

He seems to know sod all about football and Bristol City.

When reading the players names out at the beginning of the match he never welcomed back Luke Ayling (probably didn't know who he was),  he just read his name out.  Not something DaveL would of done, he would have made a point to give a warm return to Luke.

Bring back DaveL, he knew what he was talking about , a love for the club and a connection with the fans.

The sound quality before the game was excellent but at half time when someone was interviewed I couldn't hear much because of the muffled sound again the same as it was last match when Lee Haskins was interviewed.  I only knew it was a female right at the end but no idea who she was.

37 minutes ago, bs3 said:

He seems to know sod all about football and Bristol City.

When reading the players names out at the beginning of the match he never welcomed back Luke Ayling (probably didn't know who he was),  he just read his name out.  Not something DaveL would of done, he would have made a point to give a warm return to Luke.

Bring back DaveL, he knew what he was talking about , a love for the club and a connection with the fans.

You're lucky to be able to comment on what he says. Sitting in the Dolman it makes as much sense as Desmond Dekker singing The Israelites 

Luke Ayling was decent enough for us. Very glad our DJ just said his name and nowt more. Played in a good side that won the double but by no means a great favourite or legend at the Gate. 

Nice that when playing in front of the Dolman he clapped us and we clapped him. Enough z. 

1 hour ago, shelts said:

Luke Ayling was decent enough for us. Very glad our DJ just said his name and nowt more. Played in a good side that won the double but by no means a great favourite or legend at the Gate. 

Nice that when playing in front of the Dolman he clapped us and we clapped him. Enough z. 

Odd point of view to be 'very glad' that his name was read out and 'nowt more' but ok.

For a club with such meager achievements as ours, surely the least that should be expected is the announcer to say 'welcome back' before the name of a player who was part of a double winning side. 

I am pleased that the new announcer does seem to have taken criticism and suggestions on board and actively tried to improve. Doesn't appear to have sulked about it, or have an ego and just tried his best to make improvement that fans requested. That's not always the case with staff here so it's good to see.

6 hours ago, Iron Man said:

He has improved in the last couple of weeks, he did say he doesn't know much about football but I saw him at Rotherham away so fair play to him for trying.

He said he knows nothing about football?! Why employ him then? Surely that should have been an essential requirement in the job description?! Dear me.

5 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Odd point of view to be 'very glad' that his name was read out and 'nowt more' but ok.

For a club with such meager achievements as ours, surely the least that should be expected is the announcer to say 'welcome back' before the name of a player who was part of a double winning side. 

I am pleased that the new announcer does seem to have taken criticism and suggestions on board and actively tried to improve. Doesn't appear to have sulked about it, or have an ego and just tried his best to make improvement that fans requested. That's not always the case with staff here so it's good to see.

Won't ever forget that side in a hurry. Maybe Luke asked him not to make a big deal of it!!

As far as I know he wasn't forced out of Ashton Gate so made a choice not to be a part of what LJ and the club are trying to do . 

The DJ is quite good on the Radio!!

Downsy is a talking head, he has obviously been picked because he is a professional broadcaster rather than because he is a fan. He does the rugby as well, which I understand is more his game. I think the fact that he went to Rotherham to presumably try to improve his understanding of the game and the fans speaks volumes for him, the first game he seemed to think that all he had to do was turn up and do some sort of turn but has quickly realised that he got found out doing that. He seems to be doing a bit more homework now.

Ayling - deserved his applause and seemed grateful

Downsy - I tweeted him after a couple of games as he was getting some terrible abuse and told him to keep his chin up and he was doing fine.

i felt compelled to as there is being a dick like we all can be at times and then being utter vile c***s and forgetting people can be upset at unnecessary abuse.

He messaged me back saying thanks for my support and words so for me we got a guy who cares about doing his job better and is trying so give him a season to polish his act. As said he is improving so all good for me 

17 minutes ago, shelts said:

Won't ever forget that side in a hurry. Maybe Luke asked him not to make a big deal of it!!

Saying 'welcome back' before reading his name is hardly making a big deal of it

17 minutes ago, shelts said:

As far as I know he wasn't forced out of Ashton Gate so made a choice not to be a part of what LJ and the club are trying to do . 

The DJ is quite good on the Radio!!

That maybe so, it's just the done thing though. It's two extra words. Hardly worth making a big deal about but find your point of view about it a bit odd.

10 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Saying 'welcome back' before reading his name is hardly making a big deal of it

That maybe so, it's just the done thing though. It's two extra words. Hardly worth making a big deal about but find your point of view about it a bit odd.

Don't remember anyone welcoming Tony Pullis back, just a thought ex manager and all that!!

Archived