IGNORED

Bobby Reid chasing shadows

Thatwasclose

He worked his socks off I will give him that but please don't play him in a 2 man midfield again!

firstly his size is against him so he is not going to be winning any aerial battles, secondly today he must have only made 1 or two successful tackles from a handful of attempts which is asking for trouble when playing even better teams.

Not having a go because it's clear he was trying his best but was exposed way too many times. I'd rather him player a bit higher so that his defensive weaknesses will have minimal impact.

It wasn't out best performance but I will take the points anyday, and fixtures are coming thick and fast so dips are inevitable.

7 minutes ago, Thatwasclose said:

He worked his socks off I will give him that but please don't play him in a 2 man midfield again!

firstly his size is against him so he is not going to be winning any aerial battles, secondly today he must have only made 1 or two successful tackles from a handful of attempts which is asking for trouble when playing even better teams.

Not having a go because it's clear he was trying his best but was exposed way too many times. I'd rather him player a bit higher so that his defensive weaknesses will have minimal impact.

It wasn't out best performance but I will take the points anyday, and fixtures are coming thick and fast so dips are inevitable.

I belive he was supposed to be playing a bit further forward but dropped back due to the pressure we were under - he did a lot of attacking running and was looking to close down whoever had the ball.

can't really complain about that and I have been quite a big critic of his in the past.

11 minutes ago, Thatwasclose said:

IMG_0022.JPG

• Admin
11 minutes ago, Rob k said:

If anyone was exposed today it was Joe Bryan - However it was the right call to bring on O'Neil and if Tomlin had not been booked i think it would have been for Reid

Joe Bryan was our most successful tackler with 6 tackles won. Pack had 4, Tammy 3 then a plethora of others had 2 (including Bobby).

Leeds two central midfielders won 3 & 1 tackles.

3 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Joe Bryan was our most successful tackler with 6 tackles won. Pack had 4, Tammy 3 then a plethora of others had 2 (including Bobby).

Leeds two central midfielders won 3 & 1 tackles.

He may well have been, but that's because the ball was out there so often.

His posistioning was not great tonight for me and they were getting that winger the ball who caused him problems. 

• Admin
1 minute ago, Rob k said:

He may well have been, but that's because the ball was out there so often.

His posistioning was not great tonight for me and they were getting that winger the ball who caused him problems. 

He also intercepted the ball more times than any other City player. It was clear the Sacko guy was a bit of a beast and Leeds looked to use him regularly.

6 minutes ago, Ian M said:

He also intercepted the ball more times than any other City player. It was clear the Sacko guy was a bit of a beast and Leeds looked to use him regularly.

Stats can be deceiving sometimes, I will trust what I saw tonight. That sacko was decent, JB was knackered after the game. 

Im not sure JB is an out and out left back, however will concede that LJ probably knows best.

Funny night for Joe tonight.  First half he kept trying to get his body between man and ball and failed mist times, surrendering possession.

In the second half, Sahko was a real threat.  Not sure if Joe was asked to play narrow to help Magnússon, who was having a hard game against Wood, but it meant Sahko had a lot of room.  Joe didn't look quite at it tonight.  Two games in a short period following his 'dead glute' might have been the cause.

Couldn't disagree more. Thought he was terrific.

The game is less about tackles and more about interceptions and blocking opponents. He also adds goals and can also play further forward. 

Brownhill & Smith will be struggling for a look in with Bobby, Pack & O'Neill playing as they are. 

5 hours ago, DavidNoble said:

Couldn't disagree more. Thought he was terrific.

The game is less about tackles and more about interceptions and blocking opponents. He also adds goals and can also play further forward. 

Brownhill & Smith will be struggling for a look in with Bobby, Pack & O'Neill playing as they are. 

100% agree.  Bobby was a contender for MoM for me today. As you say fantastic interceptions and had the strength to out muscle Sakho to snuff out an attack on one occasion.  Felt like he make more than just two tackles. Only matched by Pattinson for energy (who also made great interceptions). Bobby tired at end like all of them.  

Sakho was a real handful.  

6 hours ago, Thatwasclose said:

Oh dear !

6 hours ago, Thatwasclose said:

Absolute rubbish, the way LJ has managed to get bobby Reid in this team playing well is one of the best bits about this season.

Local lad playing well and scoring goals is what it's all about for me.

12 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Absolute rubbish, the way LJ has managed to get bobby Reid in this team playing well is one of the best bits about this season.

Local lad playing well and scoring goals is what it's all about for me.

With Tomlin he is the most forward thinking in midfield.  Always looked to play forward.  His faints and turns keep posdession and find him space like only Tomlin can.  Under LJ and with Tomlin around to learn from he can still improve.

Reid's passing, running and pressing was great - we talk bout those 1% 's last night Reid could have scored twice and had 2 assists... as well as a decent midifled performance - when Pack, Flint or someone loses out to a player or gets thrown of the ball everyone just seems to accept that's how things are at times, the same thing happens for Reid and all you hear is cries of him being to light weight etc, he reads the game well, he tears down the pitch at times to get back to cover our LB / RB, he intercepts a lot, he niggles away at players hassling them of the ball.... he really does impress... but still some just don't / can't see it which is a shame.

I thought Bobby had a very solid game.

He did inexplicably fall over at one stage, giving the ball away - but, as with Freeman these things happen - and he also made a notable recovery tackle after a previous indiscretion, and this ability - and determination - to chase down the opposition and regain possession after a mistake is a very welcome addition to his game this season.

He did look completely knackered well before the end and I would question LJ's decision to take off Tomlin instead of him. Tomlin was taking the game to Leeds at the time and there was obviously no need to save his legs for Saturday. Tomlin was a vital outlet for us at that stage of the game, and after he was subbed we visibly gave ground and suffered for his absence. 

Despite having a good game, and LT's  suspension, LJ's squad rotation policy indicates Bobby is likely to be rested for Forest, with Brownhill probably stepping in.

If he's benched it won't be due to poor form, but having played the full 90 in the last 3 League games he's simply due for a rest.

8 hours ago, Thatwasclose said:

Complete bollocks.

7 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

He did inexplicably fall over at one stage, giving the ball away - but, as with Freeman these things happen - and he also made a notable recovery tackle after a previous indiscretion, and this ability - and determination - to chase down the opposition and regain possession after a mistake is a very welcome addition to his game this season.

He did look completely knackered well before the end and I would question LJ's decision to take off Tomlin instead of him. Tomlin was taking the game to Leeds at the time and there was obviously no need to save his legs for Saturday. Tomlin was a vital outlet for us at that stage of the game, and after he was subbed we visibly gave ground and suffered for his absence. 

Despite having a good game, and LT's  suspension, LJ's squad rotation policy indicates Bobby is likely to be rested for Forest, with Brownhill probably stepping in.

If he's benched it won't be due to poor form, but having played the full 90 in the last 3 League games he's simply due for a rest.

he took tomlin off because he was on a yellow, if he wasn't Reid would of gone off, Reid won't be rested, 

8 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

With Tomlin suspended I expect Reid to play his forward AM role, and either Brownhill or O'Neil to play alongside Pack.

We City fans, or at least some of us, are amazing.

We beat a good, tough team last night and some are picking holes in our performance. Football and all team ball games are not like theatre entertainment where everything is rehearsed over and over.

For everyone of our team's players there are the same number of opponents kicking the ball, performing skillful individual and team moves which interfere with our teams performance.

Can the critics not just accept that City dug in, worked extremely hard against the best Leeds team we have seen in the last four or five years. And we achieved the objective of the match. We got three points toward our annual battle for survival in this very competitive league.

12 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

he took tomlin off because he was on a yellow, if he wasn't Reid would of gone off, Reid won't be rested, 

Pack was also on a yellow, so not sure that would be the reason.

Tomlin was pivotal to City's performance and having already been ruled out out for Saturday was the one player who could be run into the ground.

Wrong player to take off at that stage imo., on a yellow or not.

As for Reid not being rested, you might be right, but Brownhill has played well when called upon and I reckon a strong possiobility he'll return against Forest.

LJ has the squad to rotate, particularly in midfield, and after last night's exertions I'll be surprised if he doesn't.

Archived