IGNORED

Piggy eyes Monk

slartibartfast

13 hours ago, Olé said:

Based on the video interview @Big Brother has shared, I couldn't really fault Monk's comments, seemed pretty fair and balanced and largely reflective of a close game. I really wouldn't expect him to say anything else other than to be a bit more snide about the referee (given his sending off) but even on that he sounds quite regretful and realistic.

If I was nit-picking I would challenge two things. He says they created all the clear cut chances but I don't think Fielding was worked particularly hard. He also says there was a foul by Pack in the build up to the goal - I suggest he watches the video as there clearly isn't - but I actually love his reasoning which is that the ref was giving that sort of thing all night. He's right, the ref was very fussy and it wouldn't have been at all surprising if a nothing free kick was given there too.

He should have asked Monk what the free kick was given for when wilbraham would have been clean through, I've still no idea!

Also we had by far the most clear cut chances, the one Tomlin created himself with the flick over his head and the one for Tammy plus Freeman late on where he fell over, he's well off the mark for me.

14 hours ago, BS3City said:

On a serious note if "little Bristol City" are gonna cause visiting managers such angst that there is a risk of them incurring the wrath of match officials surely we should make more adequate provision in the event of banishment to the stands? Poor old Monk seemed to be at a complete loss last night! How can we ever compete with the big boys when we can't even get these basics right? How about reserving a specific seat for such circumstances, or maybe more adequate signage? Just another example of where we aren't quite the finished article just yet...

There is usually room in the top tier

46 minutes ago, Griffin said:

All of you 'oldies' saying our English is wrong like you talk in the same way the original Englishman did :ph34r: Language changes with time.. Read some Shakespeare and tell me if you talk like that still :blink:

Mostly people are talking about americanized corporate idioms here rather than youth slang. They're unnecessary filler words that have crept in over the last few years.

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Mostly people are talking about americanized corporate idioms here rather than youth slang. They're unnecessary filler words that have crept in over the last few years.

When I , like , hear Americans , saying , like , it makes me wonder if they don't , like , realise how thick they sound ? ... Like .

14 hours ago, Rob k said:

He should have asked Monk what the free kick was given for when wilbraham would have been clean through, I've still no idea!

Also we had by far the most clear cut chances, the one Tomlin created himself with the flick over his head and the one for Tammy plus Freeman late on where he fell over, he's well off the mark for me.

If I remember rightly Pack won the header that put him through, unfortunately at the same time he violently head butted Chris Wood on the elbow...

Archived