IGNORED

Next England manager

Hope they bite the bullet and go for Howe. Reminds me a bit of LJ and here. Many of us thought LJ might be here one day as manager, but not by Feb 2016. Likewise, lots think Howe will be England manager one day, but not by September/October 2016. 

Maybe, like we did, the FA should just go for it and bring him in. With Howe, like LJ here, it'll be a project but maybe he's ready sooner than anticipated. 

Certainly more interesting than Bruce, Pardew or Southgate.

5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

it will be southgate or bruce

No it won't.

It will be Alan Pardew.

The only problem is that I am pretty sure he is not stupid enough to take it.

:yes:

If he does not take it, then at THAT time, it will not be Alan Pardew.

:disapointed2se:

Uncle TFR

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Hope they bite the bullet and go for Howe. Reminds me a bit of LJ and here. Many of us thought LJ might be here one day as manager, but not by Feb 2016. Likewise, lots think Howe will be England manager one day, but not by September/October 2016. 

Maybe, like we did, the FA should just go for it and bring him in. With Howe, like LJ here, it'll be a project but maybe he's ready sooner than anticipated. 

Certainly more interesting than Bruce, Pardew or Southgate.

See above post.

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I , actually , don't really care who the next England victim , sorry , manager is .

I am indecently excited by what's happening with my beloved club and the international breaks just annoy me .

Wow - you are easily annoyed.

Make yourself a nice pot of tea and go and watch an antiques programme on BBC2 before you have a heart attack.

Jes'!!

Uncle TFR

Although I understand the FA had to act quickly having made the decision to dispose of Big Sam yesterday, the fact that they've appointed Southgate for two months (as opposed to just for the next two weeks) says to me it won't be Bruce.

Reason? He was interviewed when Allardyce was, they know what he's about and if they wanted him, they'd just have to check he was still up for it and he could be in situ like that 

The length of Southgates tenure suggests they're casting the net wider (or have no clue what to do!)

Lets face it if you are Eddie Howe, would you want to leave a job where you are loved to take this poisoned chalice of a job? Anybody currently in a job would be mad to leave it to take this on. If you are out of a job then that's a different matter. I would agree also that if Bruce was anywhere near to being in the frame why would they give Southgate these 4 games and risk losing Bruce to another job.  

2 minutes ago, prankerd said:

Think they might wait for arsene Wenger ...think he will leave arsenal this year and wants the job...

Eddie Howe is the only other option but don't see how he's good enough yet

Agreed.  I can see Obscene Whinger getting it with Howe moving to Arsenal.

Surely a suicidal job for Howe at this stage of his career... That being said no matter how bad it went for him they'd still take him back at Bournemouth - I'm not particularly in favour of looking further a field but perhaps someone like Hiddink with his international experience would be a smart choice?

57 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Although I understand the FA had to act quickly having made the decision to dispose of Big Sam yesterday, the fact that they've appointed Southgate for two months (as opposed to just for the next two weeks) says to me it won't be Bruce.

Reason? He was interviewed when Allardyce was, they know what he's about and if they wanted him, they'd just have to check he was still up for it and he could be in situ like that 

The length of Southgates tenure suggests they're casting the net wider (or have no clue what to do!)

It's the FA we're talking about so safely say it's the latter

It absolutely astounds me that the press aren't looking to crucify the FA for allowing the coaching talent pool to be as low as it is. If we're looking purely at the table as it stands, the best five English managers in the country are currently Eddie Howe, Alan Pardew, Mike Phelan, Chris Hughton, and Lee Johnson. Obviously, we'd need to include those out of a job (Bruce, Redknapp), but given that LJ is probably in the top 10 of English candidates makes me a bit sad for the state of English coaching. We're so obsessed with getting more English players in the Premier League that we've basically forgotten that the FA also handle coaching.

I'd say that none of the names are desirable. I know he ****** up, but Big Sam was the best candidate, so I'd maybe consider doing the unthinkable and offering Big Sam the England job in March when this has all died down. Offer him a Championship manager's wages as punishment (at most, a quarter of what he was earning before), and add the following prerequisites:

• Four year contract, to give the FA time to implement a plan to boost coaching in the country over five years
  • Out of the group state at the World Cup
  • A pivotal role in tripling the number of English coaches in the game within the next ten years.
  • Promoting English coaching abroad, to ensure that new coaches can land work outside of England if they cannot secure it here.

I think the FA will have to wait until these 8 managers that have been accused of taking bungs are named. That could well wipe out all of the English candidates minus Howe.

Coincidence that Pearson (ex-Prem manager) gets suspended on the same day all this came out ? Nearly came to blows with the chairman according to Jim White.

My original choice was Klinsman I will stick with that. Although Wengers contract is up in June and they may just try for him.

19 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

I think the FA will have to wait until these 8 managers that have been accused of taking bungs are named. That could well wipe out all of the English candidates minus Howe.

Coincidence that Pearson (ex-Prem manager) gets suspended on the same day all this came out ? Nearly came to blows with the chairman according to Jim White.

My original choice was Klinsman I will stick with that. Although Wengers contract is up in June and they may just try for him.

For me international football should reflect the whole country. I'd not want a manager who was not English

3 hours ago, prankerd said:

Think they might wait for arsene Wenger ...think he will leave arsenal this year and wants the job...

Eddie Howe is the only other option but don't see how he's good enough yet

I think this is what they will do and makes sense of giving Southgate so long in temp charge. Gives them time to talk details and if necessary wait until summer for Arsene. Personally I'd prefer Howe but Wenger wouldn't be disastrous and if we are going to go with a foreign manger again i'd rather it was someone who knows English football inside out. 

26 minutes ago, RichardEdd said:

I think this is what they will do and makes sense of giving Southgate so long in temp charge. Gives them time to talk details and if necessary wait until summer for Arsene. Personally I'd prefer Howe but Wenger wouldn't be disastrous and if we are going to go with a foreign manger again i'd rather it was someone who knows English football inside out. 

Issue with Wenger is what has he done for the England team in recent years?

Walcott and Ox really should of kicked on more than they have, Wilshere is always injured, so is Welbeck (personally think Arsenal are the cause of these as they have an unusually high amount of injuries), Chambers and Jenkinson have looked good but gone out on loan. 

23 hours ago, BigTone said:

Agreed.  I can see Obscene Whinger getting it with Howe moving to Arsenal.

Your post shows you know zero about football or the England set-up.

I am genuinely surprised by your ignorance.

The FA would never: NEVER appoint either 1) a foreign manager, 2) a has-been, or 3) a conventional stick-in-the-mud type manager.

You also wilfully ignore the FACT that Lee (yes - Johnson) was pencilled in by the Gunners board when they were planning Wenger's replacement last season.

It is common footballing knowledge, and yet you seem totally oblivious to this.

"Hello BigTone???"

:punish:

Uncle TFR

8 minutes ago, Taxi for Rennie said:

Your post shows you know zero about football or the England set-up.

I am genuinely surprised by your ignorance.

The FA would never: NEVER appoint either 1) a foreign manager, 2) a has-been, or 3) a conventional stick-in-the-mud type manager.

You also wilfully ignore the FACT that Lee (yes - Johnson) was pencilled in by the Gunners board when they were planning Wenger's replacement last season.

It is common footballing knowledge, and yet you seem totally oblivious to this.

"Hello BigTone???"

:punish:

Uncle TFR

Hello Unk

Love you :wub::kiss:

As I said on another thread, I think Howe will get it. Though, I wouldn't be disappointed if Arsene got it either. He managed Tony Adams, Ian Wright, David Seaman - all great England players. Ok, in recent years, english Arsenal products have been few and far between (and also in Wilshire's case - crap) but Wenger knows these players and he knows international football with Arsenal in the CL.

Archived