IGNORED

Mr Versatile - Joe Bryan

Tangle Foot

With Mark Little seemingly injured, Adam Matthews coming back from injury and Taylor Moore lacking experience, could Joe Bryan be an option at right-back on Saturday?

He wouldn't be the first player to play on the wrong side: Philipp Lahm has played left-back for both Bayern Munich and Germany, whilst being predominantly right footed; Currently James Milner is getting rave reviews whilst playing left-back for Liverpool.

It was in a recent interview that Lee Johnson said he felt Joe Bryan could play anywhere on the pitch.

I certainly believe Joe Bryan would have the in-game intelligence to play the position. He would also be a threat going forward, cutting in onto his left foot and firing shots in on goal.

6 hours ago, Tangle Foot said:

I certainly believe Joe Bryan would have the in-game intelligence to play the position. He would also be a threat going forward, cutting in onto his left foot and firing shots in on goal.

JB only scores with his right foot! 

Seems like a perfect opportunity to give Taylor Moore the experience he needs. Promising young players join us because we can offer a clear route to first team football. They won't do that if they see senior* players played out of position ahead of them.

*OK, Joe Bryan is only just a senior player, but he's made enough appearances over the past 2-3 years to qualify in my opinion.

52 minutes ago, Super said:

Mattthews wasn't on the bench Tues doubt he'll be fit for Saturday. Play Bobby in there.

Personally I think Matthews will start on Saturday. I don't read anything into him not being on the bench. We can only have 7 players on the bench and Its not like the Cotts era, nowadays we have enough players to more than fill the bench. We had Golbourne covering left back and Moore covering centre back and right back but when it comes down to starting the game I believe he will start with the recognised right back and have Moore covering again on the bench.

5 minutes ago, bigbash said:

Im sure it was his left foot, but who cares, It was a great goal! 

3 minutes ago, reddevon said:

Sorry , 

Sorry must have had my glasses on inside out, but it looked like a superb left foot shot to top right corner .

23 minutes ago, reddevon said:

The one against Swindle last year!

My apologies, Seindon was a left footer. (His only left foot goal I think..?) 

I was thinking of the Winner V Rovers in JPT for some reason. 

I agree with almost all the posts above, especially as I did not notice one from Aizoon.

To add my penith, I think Joe would also make someone a lovely son-in-law one day.

The young gentleman is a credit to himself.

:thumbsup:

Uncle TFR

P.S. Joe? Sign for another club and you will regret it.

:nono:

Archived