IGNORED

Is right back a cursed position for us?

Lanterne Rouge

I`ve just been thinking back over the years and have come to the conclusion that this position is cursed. Consider the evidence;

Andy Llewellyn. Excellent player but ended up in chokey.

Gary Stanley. In the top ten worst players ever seen at AG.

Bradley Orr. Again, excellent player but also ended up in the nick and badly injured at Wembley, some would say costing us the game

Nicky Hunt. Say no more.

Mark Little. Really bad injury that has affected him for two seasons and then does his hamstring when back to his best.

Richard Foster. Dear God, he was bad.

Adam Matthews. Seems to be either injured or unfit most of the time.

Gerard Lavin. Beloved of Reading fans.

I`m sure there are others but I think somewhere in our history one of our right backs refused to buy some heather from a gipsy and the position was cursed for ever more.

3 minutes ago, reddoh said:

I think that if you go back in time you will find many for all positions, now players have a better chance of recovery.

Probably but in my forty odd years of watching City it has almost always been a position we`ve struggled with - unlike left back where we`ve had so many brilliant players. I just find it weird.

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Probably but in my forty odd years of watching City it has almost always been a position we`ve struggled with - unlike left back where we`ve had so many brilliant players. I just find it weird.

it may be because the old left backs were great at free kicks.

47 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I`ve just been thinking back over the years and have come to the conclusion that this position is cursed. Consider the evidence;

Andy Llewellyn. Excellent player but ended up in chokey.

Gary Stanley. In the top ten worst players ever seen at AG.

Bradley Orr. Again, excellent player but also ended up in the nick and badly injured at Wembley, some would say costing us the game

Nicky Hunt. Say no more.

Mark Little. Really bad injury that has affected him for two seasons and then does his hamstring when back to his best.

Richard Foster. Dear God, he was bad.

Adam Matthews. Seems to be either injured or unfit most of the time.

Gerard Lavin. Beloved of Reading fans.

I`m sure there are others but I think somewhere in our history one of our right backs refused to buy some heather from a gipsy and the position was cursed for ever more.

Gary Stanley played in midfield....I think Brian Mitchell deserves an honourable mention as a limited right back though

2 hours ago, shelts said:

Carey was a terrible right back!!

Remember him playing right back for us in His 'autumn' away v Swansea the season they went up to the Prem..we won 1-0..they enjoyed something like 70% posession-rearguard action,Louis had a great game...think Albert may have notched.??

Adam Locke

random free transfer no one had heard of, who turned out to be a key player in promotion letting Goodridge and Murray bomb forward while he took care of defensive work

hard as nails, solid as a rock 

He's now a tree surgeon

Archived