IGNORED

My 24th Season and going strong.

One hair on my chin

32 minutes ago, Pezo said:

from looking at when people say they started supporting city there seems to be a lot on here that started between 91 and 95.

I think we need poll - although I have no idea how to start one.

Why? 

Does it really matter how long you've been a City fan? All that matters is that you are a City fan.

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Why? 

Does it really matter how long you've been a City fan? All that matters is that you are a City fan.

Suppose it doesn't matter no... But with the Prem league and big money teams influencing young kids since the nineties to support the big 4. It would be interesting to some, to see I guess. For me this season is my 30th.

My 51st season apparently, although the first game I have even a little memory of was in the 66/67 season.

Welcome to OTIB, there is part of me that preferred the days when you only found out the rumours and murmurings on the terraces, people forgot that stuff very quickly, everything here is here to stay and can be dredged up in future.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Why? 

Just interested in when people started supporting city, we could then see what the club was doing at the time to see if the club was doing anything interesting to encourage new fans.

1 minute ago, Pezo said:

Just interested in when people started supporting city, we could then see what the club was doing at the time to see if the club was doing anything interesting to encourage new fans.

I would say that (and this a bold statement) that the club is in the best shape it's ever been. Obviously SLs financial support has made a huge difference but it's only been in the last year or so that the stadium has been nearer its completion and that the senior structure within the club has been restructured. That has made a terrific difference with MA in charge, only taking orders from SL himself.

As for the managers position. The bottom line is that LJ is just one in a very long line of managers who have managed the team. So many in my time that I can't remember all of them. Fred Ford was in charge when first went to AG but I can't remember who was next. Point being its very unlikely that LJ will become another Ferguson or Wenger in terms of time at a club so in a few years or less  he'll be just another former City manager.

Im sure numerous other managers would love to be in LJs position with Bristol City on the up and feel that they could the same job.

As I've said before given the fact that everything above/around him is it top working order, the pressure is really on LJ to produce results given the resources he now has. So far, so good on that front. 

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

I would say that (and this a bold statement) that the club is in the best shape it's ever been. Obviously SLs financial support has made a huge difference but it's only been in the last year or so that the stadium has been nearer its completion and that the senior structure within the club has been restructured. That has made a terrific difference with MA in charge, only taking orders from SL himself.

As for the managers position. The bottom line is that LJ is just one in a very long line of managers who have managed the team. So many in my time that I can't remember all of them. Fred Ford was in charge when first went to AG but I can't remember who was next. Point being its very unlikely that LJ will become another Ferguson or Wenger in terms of time at a club so in a few years or less  he'll be just another former City manager.

Im sure numerous other managers would love to be in LJs position with Bristol City on the up and feel that they could the same job.

As I've said before given the fact that everything above/around him is it top working order, the pressure is really on LJ to produce results given the resources he now has. So far, so good on that front. 

That's all very nice, but I don't believe its anything to do with anything I posted.

Archived