IGNORED

Windass (Merged)

WarksRobin

8 minutes ago, DavidNoble said:

Still gives me tremors seeing that name.

Things could be so different...

I wonder if we're now better off? Lansdown was less experienced then and who knows what money he'd have thrown at it. 

It now looks like we have a model for future success. I'm not sure Darren Byfield was that!

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I wonder if we're now better off? Lansdown was less experienced then and who knows what money he'd have thrown at it. 

It now looks like we have a model for future success. I'm not sure Darren Byfield was that!

True but I got to meet Jamelia a few times :icecream:

22 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Surely never too early to get promoted to them prem?? Even if we would have got relegated straight away it would have meant we would of had a better chance of becoming a established championship team with the benefits of parachute payments.

I still feel if we got promoted in 2008 that the council would have backed Ashton vale as well?? 

8 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Reading the two links below that story puts him in a different light to me.

As someone who is battling those same dark feelings it has made me feel differently about him, from that person that he used to come across!!

I always respected him for the concern he showed about Orrs injury. It's quite possible he wouldn't have scored if Orr wasn't in that state but he showed a lot of care for a fellow professional that day.

re cash flow maybe the blue few could organise a few more evenings with him?:facepalm:

54 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Hmm, I know what you're getting at but we aren't a big enough club to decide when to go up. Plus in the times in between we were dropping down the championship and in league 1 whilst they had some seasons in the premier league and even an FA Cup final appearance.

I do agree that SL will have hopefully learned from that season and if, somehow, we were to find ourselves positioned strongly in the top 6 come January he'll allow LJ to bring in some top class talent*, especially seeing as it's unlikely we'd have Tammy again after this season & as we have money hanging around from the summer sales (and sell ons).

* Not saying he didn't allow GJ to sign top players in that transfer window; there was all the talk about bringing in the right personality of player etc. which culminated in only signing Nick Carle and Dele Adebola. I'd hope SL and MA will be on at LJ about bringing in top players if the situations allows itself to.

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

Whilst still a painful memory I fully agree it could well of been to our ultimate demise. Now it feels like our ambitions are built on much more solid plans & foundations

Said it elsewhere and I'll say it again here. I must be one of the few city fans who felt no ill will to Windass or Hull after the play-off final. I was quite apathetic about the whole thing. We had our chances, didn't take them, they took theirs and scored a worldy.

Genuinely sorry to hear he has his own demons now, as I would be anyone with illness.

18 minutes ago, WesM said:

Said it elsewhere and I'll say it again here. I must be one of the few city fans who felt no ill will to Windass or Hull after the play-off final. I was quite apathetic about the whole thing. We had our chances, didn't take them, they took theirs and scored a worldy.

Genuinely sorry to hear he has his own demons now, as I would be anyone with illness.

I agree. The name Windass doesn't bring back nice memories but he was born and bred in Hull and scored a worldy to take them into the top flight for the first time - I don't hate him or begrudge him. He did what he had to and always sounded like a quirky, fun, kind character.

Of course I was jealous of them when watching Match of the Day the next season but nowadays I'm not too fussed, similar to Brighton.

If we'd lost it to Cardiff, Palace or even R*vers.... oh my....

Archived