IGNORED

QPR Away

Chairman Mao

I will be there along with two other London Reds. My sons school is attached to the back of the stand we will all be in. The ground is so small that the Players and  Directors park there cars in the school car park. I live so close I can hear when they score. Great ground, really close to the action and we should make a lot of noise. It is of course the ground where Nicky Maynard scored that goal.

7 hours ago, Chairman Mao said:

Will be there, look out for the guy in a suit. Anyone else going? Ideas on attendance? 

Will be there, most likely in very similar attire! Working in London for a couple of days and have gone for a hotel round the corner from the ground rather than anywhere near the office.

3 hours ago, Acton Red said:

I will be there along with two other London Reds. My sons school is attached to the back of the stand we will all be in. The ground is so small that the Players and  Directors park there cars in the school car park. I live so close I can hear when they score. Great ground, really close to the action and we should make a lot of noise. It is of course the ground where Nicky Maynard scored that goal.

Micky who?

When at Fulham recently I overheard the group of people sat behind saying they were going to give QPR a miss, and it sounded like they did almost every away game. Many I have spoken to since said they hated the ground and vowed never to go there again.

I'm not going, did the game at the end of the season and I didn't much like it, but I am surprised by how many are giving it a miss. Obviously a Tuesday night isn't good for many so I hope all you London based Reds will do us proud.

Only been there once -  a few years back. Think biggest problem is the risk of getting a restricted view ticket. And QPR away tickets aren't cheap. Will be giving this one a miss. And don't think I can bear sitting on a coach crawling through London rush-hour traffic.

49 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

Only been there once -  a few years back. Think biggest problem is the risk of getting a restricted view ticket. And QPR away tickets aren't cheap. Will be giving this one a miss. And don't think I can bear sitting on a coach crawling through London rush-hour traffic.

Let the train take the strain! 

2 hours ago, PaulCheesley said:

I was at Fulham this year and QPR last season, Craven Cottage is a far superior ground. I won't go to Loftus Road again, horrible club, awful stadium for away fans.

Blimey, it's  not that bad and surely supporting City overides that. 

6 hours ago, Reigate Red said:

Hmmm....I have a ticket but the game coincides with one of the many strikes currently proposed on Southern Rail. :grr:

The strikes on the Thursday so Tuesday night is ok, I ned to get back to Haywards Heath so have the same problem with the idiots at Southern rail

10 hours ago, Fat Cigar said:

I bought tickets today and restricted view is one of the choices- or not 

41 minutes ago, Grey Fox said:

The strikes on the Thursday so Tuesday night is ok, I ned to get back to Haywards Heath so have the same problem with the idiots at Southern rail

You cheered me up for a while but.....sorry to be the bearer of bad news - the following is from Southern Rail web site:

The RMT has announced that they plan industrial action on the following dates:

• Tuesday 11 October until Thursday 13 October
  • Tuesday 18 October until Thursday 20 October
  • Thursday 3 November until Saturday 5 November
  • Tuesday 22 November until Wednesday 23 November
  • Tuesday 6 December until Thursday 8 December

Apologies to those not in the SE and to whom this is a thread distraction :gaah:

So people don't like modern bowl stadiums because they have no character but don't like Loftis road because it's dated..?

Loftus Road is a proper old school ground. Fans close to the pitch. Usually decent atmosphere and apart from a bit of a crap view in some seats, it's a good away day. 

1 hour ago, Reigate Red said:

You cheered me up for a while but.....sorry to be the bearer of bad news - the following is from Southern Rail web site:

The RMT has announced that they plan industrial action on the following dates:

• Tuesday 11 October until Thursday 13 October
  • Tuesday 18 October until Thursday 20 October
  • Thursday 3 November until Saturday 5 November
  • Tuesday 22 November until Wednesday 23 November
  • Tuesday 6 December until Thursday 8 December

Apologies to those not in the SE and to whom this is a thread distraction :gaah:

Its the getting there thats important, worry about getting back on the night, they normally have the odd train going, or bus

As a London based fan I've been to this fixture a few times. Once sat with the home fans as a last minute thing when my son was quite young and felt really uncomfortable. You could do that at a Reading or Fulham but I wouldn't do that at QPR again.

One year in the away end we got kettled by the police and missed the kick off and were held for ages afterwards

I like old school grounds with atmosphere but find Loftus Road sad a 70s throwback of a place

Anyway I will be there for my third City game in four which is a record for me. 

COYR

Archived