IGNORED

Best footballer you have seen live

MC RISK77

One of the most complete performances i have ever seen versus City was that of Evander Sno. So good that the whole stadium stood to applaud him off. For us to then get him here on loan was simply one of the most astonishing bits of business this club has ever pulled off. No-one could believe it when it was announced. Also saw Gazza in his first ever game for Newcastle versus champions elect Everton. He came on in the second half, fake orange tan and all, and immediately you knew you were watching someone very special indeed. Brilliant player and a true entertainer. 

Zidane for Real Madrid V Sevilla in 2006 for me, was so lucky to be at the game as he scored his only career hat-trick in 4-2 win... remember meeting some city fans there who went to the gate that same weekend and witnessed Bas Savages only goal for us!!!

A close second was Ronaldinho for Barcelona in 2007 in a 3-0 win against Betis. He scored 2 free kicks including one under the wall. Almost as good as Mickey Bell v Plymouth in 97/98!

In England, Cantona for Man United in the mid 90's.

For City, apparently Best and Moore played for us at Wembley before the 86 Freight Rover Final. Never realised that until a few months back when there was a picture on twitter. My dad confirmed they did. I was only 8 so I can't remember!

59 minutes ago, Taz said:

Ditto, was phenominal that day. We were thrashed but still actually played really well that day. They were just a different class.

Standing ovation when he scored his third goal,by far the best player I've seen live.

I can't remember seeing Ditto play.

Who did he play for?

:whistle:

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Roderick Thomas in an England Schoolboys game at Wembley was a master class.

Shame he wasn't able to see that through to his profile career.

My old man has always said that Tony Curry was a genius.

One of my school mates was at Watford (schoolboy forms) with him, and said he was awesome.

59 minutes ago, REDLEE said:

Zidane for Real Madrid V Sevilla in 2006 for me, was so lucky to be at the game as he scored his only career hat-trick in 4-2 win... remember meeting some city fans there who went to the gate that same weekend and witnessed Bas Savages only goal for us!!!

A close second was Ronaldinho for Barcelona in 2007 in a 3-0 win against Betis. He scored 2 free kicks including one under the wall. Almost as good as Mickey Bell v Plymouth in 97/98!

In England, Cantona for Man United in the mid 90's.

For City, apparently Best and Moore played for us at Wembley before the 86 Freight Rover Final. Never realised that until a few months back when there was a picture on twitter. My dad confirmed they did. I was only 8 so I can't remember!

This is true, I think Bobby Charlton was out there as well, and loads of people missed it!

Remember seeing Peter Crouch juggling with the ball on the halfway line and managing to conceal the whole thing from the referee, what a talent.  

and then there was Clive Walker.

If I did this again I would probably choose at least 6  different players, but this is a team of the best players I have seen. The pick of the crop, without question, Zidane.

Schmeichel

Cafu. Chamot. Puyol. Carlos

Ronaldo Zidane Platini

Messi Batistuta Henri

Guess who, from these two (probably) ..must have been mine?

Eastville  Stadium '72 the Gas v Man Utd  League Cup 3rd ..1 - 1 (everyone went to see Utd's superstars of the day inc George Best)

Wembley Stadium '77 ... England v Holland friendly ...

Three huge teams packed with stars... (+the Gas who somehow beat Utd stars in replay wtf? Obviously non of them in contention for best player in Bristol let alone best ever)

So that leaves the 1977 senior England & Holland international teams & the 1972 Man Utd super club team to choose best ever player from... so many top notch players, almost impossible to choose...

So .... guess we have the obvious ... the one and only George Best!

But hang on what about this lot? ... England/Holland and a certain Mr Cruyff!

Hmm it ain't an easy choice.... see press report below re the Wembley game ....

Best Ever Player I've seen live... ? hmm, You Decide....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2107856/England-v-Holland-Remember-1977-Total-Football-conquered-Wembley.html

8 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Luis Suarez for Ajax down here a few years back, must have been about 18 at the time but boy he had talent, scored from about 40 yards if i remember correctly

Luis Suarez that night was awesome. Never really heard of him at the time. 

Not the best player but a performance that always sticks in my mind. Was John Solako playing for Swansea on loan I think against city. I remember sitting on the wall in the enclosure by the park end . Watching him skin andy Llewelyn time and time again. Scored a hat trick I think 

Archived