IGNORED

Best footballer you have seen live

MC RISK77

Ok am agreeing with RR and am bored with the international break so wondered of the many ages and generations of fans we have here who the best player you have seen live is.

mine is Andrea pirlo during a stop at Milan, fantastic footballer.

on a separate note as in best footballers you have met I once had a wee next to Gordon banks and pele at stoke's Britannia stadium...anyone trump that?

interantional break is shite

Cristiano Ronaldo. Couple years ago in Cardiff in the UEFA Super Cup against Sevilla. He scored two. Best player on Sevilla that day I thought was Denis Suarez who was on loan from Barca then left Barca then they bought him back with a buy back clause. Anyway, quality player he is as well. But yea, Real Madrid was littered with good players but Ronaldo was by far the best. 

Samuel Eto'o in his last game for Mallocra in a friendly against City down the Gate.

Even though it was a friendly, and even though we were League One side at the time, his effortless skill and intensity in what was a non-competitive match was phenomenal.

You could see his fellow players enjoyed playing with him, and I've no doubt they were inspired by him.

Might have been enhanced by the context, but his performance certainly stuck with me.

8 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Pavel Nedved playing for Juve v Milan. Totally ran the show and made it look so simple. Bearing in mind on the same pitch were Maldini, Del Piero, Shevchenko, Davids and many other world class players he still shone out.

Nedved is something of a forgotten genius. I envy you seeing him live.

Ricardo Villa is a good shout and I know it was only in a friendly but Luis Suarez for Ajax was something else.

Think Samuel Eto'o got 3 for Mallorca in the first half of another friendly at AG and didn't play in the second, too.

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

Nedved is something of a forgotten genius. I envy you seeing him live.

It was because he was Czech I think and they didn`t have anything like a decent side then so he never got to show it to the world. He was one of my favourite players of that era and I was made up that he played that night.

Lionel Messi is a freak of nature and without any doubt the best player I've watched live, the game had it all, a mass brawl, sending offs, touchline riot and of course Messi scoring 2 against Real Madrid in the cup final - absolutely brilliant. 

Closely followed by Bergkamp...wow made everything look effortless. 

As for the best player no greatest I've ever met and pleasure of having a conversation with it has to be hands down Sir Bobby Charlton. A legend of the game and a legend of a man. 

20 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

you've seen them BOTH live?

Yes, but then I'm almost a million years old and have been very lucky.

Messi last year in the 4-1 defeat of Levante. Could see what he was going to do for the last minute 4th goal as could the Levante defence - they just couldn't stop him. It's on YouTube.

George Best about 4 times, along with Charlton and Law.

As you'd expect of a thread like this most will go for skillful attacking players. A place of honour should always be found for Bobby Moore - uncanny reader of the game. Shankly used to say that he should be illegal.

Wow some privaledged peeps on this forum keep them coming guys

particularly interested in if anyone ever saw maradona live?

i may be on my own but for me as much as I love messi I still think maradona was the greatest ever, growing up in the 80's I hated him for 86 but grew to appreciate the talent!!

Archived