IGNORED

Dennis Franklin

Elruliri

8 hours ago, elruli said:

Another one who has gone into the red sky. My grandad, my friend my hero.love you forever.  xxx

I didn't know him, but looking down and reading your words, I very much doubt that there's anything that would have made him prouder. 

Never knew him personally but felt like I did when he used to come on John Turners program on Radio Bristol and talk so passionately about his beloved Bristol City.

Always sounded like a bloke I'd like to meet.

RIP Dennis.

(Got to be the same fellow. Lived at Nailsea/Wraxall???)

28 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

He must be the same Dennis Franklin from Wraxall who often wrote about City in letters published in the Bristol Post over the years. He came across as a passionate supporter. Any photos as I'm sure I'd recognise him by face. RIP Dennis, God bless you.

Thought I recognised the name and probably know the face.

RIP.

2 hours ago, Redtucks said:

Never knew him personally but nelt like I di t when he used to come on John Turners program on Radio Bristol and talk so passionately about his beloved Bristol City.

Always sounded like a bloke I'd like to meet.

RIP Dennis.

(Got to be the same fellow. Lived at Nailsea/Wraxall???)

Yes It was dennIs from wraxhall. He took me down the gate for the first time In 1982. What a baptism of fire :laugh:. Thank you for all the kind comments It means alot.

1 hour ago, elruli said:

Yes It was dennIs from wraxhall. He took me down the gate for the first time In 1982. What a baptism of fire :laugh:. Thank you for all the kind comments It means alot.

Thank you for posting at a difficult time. Sorry for your loss. Dennis was clearly a top man who got you in to City. 

RIP Dennis 

32 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Sorry for you/family/friends loss OP.

RIP Dennis.

(PS Was Dennis the genial chap that used to speak to GT on occasion. Always passionate but level headed: someone worth listening to.)

Yes he was. Sometimes I disagreed with him and he did a brian clough on me and decided he was right!

Archived