IGNORED

RIP Gerry Gow

cider head

Gutted really gutted.

His son on Facebook posted.

Today the world fell apart for our family , my beautiful dad passed away in the early hours of the morning ,64years young he lost his battle to the most disgusting disease . Me and my family are broken hearted and nothing will ever fill the void in our hearts RIP my hero my best mate my dad xxxxx

A hero from my younger days. One of the best players I've ever seen in a City shirt and the heartbeat of that great City team.

He's no longer here, there and evry 'in where.

RIP Gerry

I grew up watching the great man and went to all away matches late seventies in the eighties.... there was a bit of fuss about his song

'He's Here He's There He's Every F****n Where Gerry Gow Gerry Gow.....'

and we had been asked to stop singing is cos of the F******n

The next match after this request was Bolton away, we met the players as they were coming off the team coach and as Gerry came into vie we started his song he paused looked at us and he broke into a broad smile as we sang

'He's Here He's There He's Every Flippen Where Gerry Gow Gerry Gow.....

Rest in Peace and thanks for the memories

• Absolute hero, legend and top drawer player (not just a hard man).

Fond memories of stalking Gerry - whilst he dropped his son off at my primary school - jaw dropped, eyes glazed, following my god.

He's here, he's there, he's sadly gone up stairs, Gerry Gow.

if anyone deserves a minute's applause, then it's this man, starting on 4 or 8 minutes this Friday.

Archived