IGNORED

Travel to Cardiff / Where to park? (Merged)

Never to the dark side

I contacted the office at the Severn Bridge,asking if you can pre-pay and get flaged straight through.

No luck,

so for all you hoardes going on Friday night,set out as early as you can,

so as to avoid all those holiday makers from London heading for their weekend holiday homes.

Have the correct change £6:60p so you can place the money straight  into the net catcher.

• Admin
17 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

I contacted the office at the Severn Bridge,asking if you can pre-pay and get flaged straight through.

No luck,

so as to avoid all those holiday makers from London heading for their weekend holiday homes.

Have the correct change £6:60p so you can place the money straight  into the net catcher.

You can pre-pay if you have a TAG, otherwise never been an option

An addition for anyone who hasn't been over the bridge for a while UK Blue Badge holders can go over for free

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

An addition for anyone who hasn't been over the bridge for a while UK Blue Badge holders can go over for free

I've often wondered about that, is there any reason for it? It's not as though others have an alternative that isn't open to Blue Badge holders.

9 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I've often wondered about that, is there any reason for it? It's not as though others have an alternative that isn't open to Blue Badge holders.

I have always wondered why blue badge holders are allowed to park on double yellow lines, since the reason the lines are painted in the first place is because it's dangerous to park there. 

• Admin
46 minutes ago, harrys said:

I'll be going straight from work in the works transit, anyone know if I can park in the ground or will I have to park it away, bit concerned as it has Bristol emblazoned all over it

@harrys There is a designated away fans car park, which is within an area fenced off with access only to the away turnstiles

Getting to and from the ground may be a different issue

3 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

No luck,

The coin catcher option is no longer in operation.

Pay via contactless card. Usually the far right booths are card only. Best route or as otherwise mentioned - use the old bridge and celebrate its 50year birthday.. its all lit up like the suspension bridge at the mo 

1 minute ago, arrytheb said:

Used the bridge weekend before last and found a lot of the toll booths are card only now. So if you were planning on paying with cash it's probably worth having a card easily to hand in case you end in the wrong booth

Or read the signs above the booth and choose your lane accordingly. Not hard really is it.

3 hours ago, Natchlander said:

Hoping to leave Weston at 4pm. Is it bad at the bridge around that time?

Impossible to predict.

With everything cramming into two lanes for the tunnels at Newport it only takes a minor shunt for the whole system to jam up very quickly.The most direct route to the ground, avoiding the City centre is to leave the M4 at Junction 33 Cardiff West Services and travel down the A4232 which is a dual carriageway but one which has more than it;s fair share of bumps.

If junction counting note there is no junction 31 :huh:

On  a  good day Weston would only be an hour and a quarter.

20 minutes ago, arrytheb said:

Used the bridge weekend before last and found a lot of the toll booths are card only now. So if you were planning on paying with cash it's probably worth having a card easily to hand in case you end in the wrong booth

They are not card only.They are manned and take cash but have the option  of card payment which is pretty quick.

Archived