IGNORED

Raising money in memory of Gerrry Gow (Merged)

Fidget

I'd be very happy to front it all though now an exile in Cornwall.

Could we show our appreciation to Gerry's family by dipping into our pockets to pay for funeral expenses etc..... Any excess for the family etc...... Gerry always maintained his Grandson will be one hell of a player.

I'd be delighted if anyone agrees - a worthy cause if ever there was one.

It's hard to know without contact with the family. I went to a funeral earlier this week that was a little under £5,000  but it was all paid for by his life insurance company that deducted it from the lump sum that his policy paid out to family members. I also had a funeral earlier in the year where a workplace policy paid for the persons funeral costs. It maybe that they have it covered and might if people wished to contribute or do something arrange a tribute of some sort.

I  very much doubt Gerry had any insurance about anything. Not that kind of person. He lived in the moment always and was not that way inclined.

That was why he was such a great. Many lesser Men worry about insurance etc....

Remember what he did. Always.

I have been asked to pass this message on regarding this thread on otib.

Thanks for letting me know mate, we need no help for dads funeral, but we are raising money for our local weldmar and fortuneswell ward in Dorchester which both were brilliant to dad and us through his illness, if u could please pass the message on, nice gesture but totally wrong. Chris..

So if anyone would like to fund raise then please do it for weldmar and fortuneswell ward in Dorchester..

2 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Wouldn't a 'just giving' account be more sensible. I've never set one up myself but have several friends use it and it would seem like the best way of getting any fund raising in Gerry's name going.

Imagine a fair few Man City supporters would chip in as well.

https://www.justgiving.com/weldmar

Someone needs to confirm it but I believe this is the charity in question. As they are registered with Just Giving it seems to be a simple matter of someone registering the fund raising page and then it falls to all of us to spread it far ans wide to all of Gerry's former clubs etc.

• Admin
49 minutes ago, streety_bcfc said:

Is it worth putting something on the Man City forum too? A link to our pinned post? 

@streety_bcfc joined their forum, but unable to post at present - am currently liaising with one of their moderating team to get the post approved

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/gerry-gow-rip.324774/page-15

Archived