IGNORED

For Attention Of Fans In Atyeo Stand - Gerry Gow

Harry

Sorry - not great photos - but great to see a few more legends there to pay their respects to the great man - thought those unable to get to AG today might like to see

Dedinitely there - 

Geoff Merrick (in the hat)

Cheese

Trevor Tainton

Gerry Sweeney

Donnie Gillies

David Rodgers

Ken Wimshurst

Clive Whitehead

IMG_1668.JPG

IMG_1669.JPG

IMG_1671.JPG

IMG_1672.JPG

IMG_1673.JPG

Great to see the big screen used for old footage during the minutes silence - let's those (like me) who didn't experience the old era appreciate the past and not just have it all represent a "name" of the past.

Some may feel during a minutes silence it should be heads bowed, thoughts and contemplation... I disagree and thought to celebrate a great servant of the club that the use of the on screen video was excellent. 

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Impeccably served minute's silence.  Well done everyone.  Quite touching wasn't it.

Agree Dave

Seen City relegated numerous times was in Turin 90 and at Wembley 96 to see England lose penalty shootouts but today was the first time ever at a football match that I had a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye

Gerrys family came up the steps past me after the mins silence and several young lasses (I guess nieces or grandchildren) were in tears bless them 

I did think they must have realised , (from the impeccably respected silence and the Ateyos best efforts ) just how much the great man was respected and idolised 

Thanks for the positive comments folks. It was an early start and a lot of work to set up but all worth it for the great man. 

Thanks to the regular Section 82 chaps today and special thanks to a few others who also came down to help (before and after) as well as those in the South Stand for doing their bit too. Hopefully we can arrange to spread the flags around the ground more in the future as I hope you'd all agree it looked good having them in the SS. 

Thanks also to everyone in the Atyeo who held the card or waved a flag. We couldn't have done it without you - and I hope I didn't annoy you all too much with my manic instructions prior to the game!! 

Youll be pleased to know that all Atyeo flags were accounted for (we had a burly group outside the gates monitoring any potential flags going for walkies). A couple did go missing from the South Stand but we can probably put that down to naivety as fans in there may have thought they were freebies (we'll give the benefit of doubt on this but if anyone knows the whereabouts of these we'd be most grateful for their return). 

Thanks and well done everyone. 

On 21/10/2016 at 19:53, WolfOfWestStreet said:

One thing id like to add.

Please respect the whole mins silence i know people probably want to applaud but it does make it awkward when some start and then it spreads. 

Loads of time for singing after, its just one minute guys keep calm.

Well done everyone in the Atyeo today, a great site to see.

That had to be the most silent one minutes silence ( if you know what I mean!) I've ever been apart of today. You could feel the real emotion in the crowd. A fitting tribute to a great man and BCFC legend :yes:

Archived