IGNORED

That Swedish lad...

formerly known as ivan

Not the centre back, the other one...

Anyone know the deal with him? Not match fit (although I thought he went away with the Sweden U21's)? Not very good?

Seems strange he isn't even making the bench. Paid between £1m and £2m going by various reports. Not sure we are in a position to be signing players for 'the future' for that sort of money quite yet.

1 minute ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Anyone know the deal with him? Not match fit (although I thought he went away with the Sweden U21's)? Not very good?

Seems strange he isn't even making the bench. Paid between £1m and £2m going by various reports. Not sure we are in a position to be signing players for 'the future' for that sort of money quite yet.

Been struggling with little knocks like a hamstring problem and what was described as a dead leg. Also not had much training time because of these. Think in a prefect world he'd be used like Wilbs off the bench but if we needed a goal instead of defending it but we haven't got to see him yet. Need him badly. An injection of youth up front would be welcome because you aren't fearing Wilbraham up front when he comes on. He does a job but with him out there, our game becomes much more hopeful 

4 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Still working his way back to fitness after a series of injuries.

Its clear we are a champ quality striker light but it wont be easy to one in jan and virtually impossible to get one from another english club.

Engvall isnt fit for whatever reason but i also get the vibe he isnt up to it quite yet also. Which i agree with the OP in that we cant afford to be paying 2m for a player who isnt near champ standard straight away.

Tammy needs help and will need a rest and frankly its crazy that LJ has started him in the last 2 games given he has been ill recently on top of the large amount of football hes played lately. I would of started wilbs at cardiff and brought tam on 2nd half.

4 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

There's a decent striker over the river which needs to be bought with part of JK's money in January. 

We could of got him for nowt in july!!! Unless he has a buy out the sags would want 2m for him and 8m if it was us who were bidding. 

Aint going to happen.

1 hour ago, DaveF said:

Still working his way back to fitness after a series of injuries.

Accordling to LJ recently Gustav is training again but short of full fitness and understandingly apprehensive about the injury and not having experienced one previously he doesn't know what to expect.

Hes not shooting as yet or block tackling yet.

Patterson is an option isn't he, apparently he can play up front or on the wing. Had a bad game against Cardiff but when I've seen him before that he's looked lively and certainly attacking and positive.

But yes Tammy does look quite isolated at times, he's done brilliantly but now teams are very aware of him and he hasn't been fully fit (illness) he has found the chances difficult to come by. I'm sure the plan wasn't to play him so alone, but it's seems a long time since we had a real striking partnership, and maybe it will be a long time before we get another one.

3 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

January recall option..so yes.

Sitting here in October January seems a long way off. Anyway in January there will be other options available other than Wes won't there. See how he fares between now and then of course, but don't pin all our hopes on him.

13 minutes ago, BCFC OF SWEDEN said:

The supporters from Gothenbourg was laughing when we bought him for 2.5 millions! I told you this before ...

I really hope im wrong but i think its one of  our biggest misstake!

I remember you saying this at the time,and hoping you were very wrong.

Too early to right him off for sure,but I have to say I do hear alarm bells faintly ringing far away in the distance...the guy seems a little fragile.

Hope were both wrong!

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

Sitting here in October January seems a long way off. Anyway in January there will be other options available other than Wes won't there. See how he fares between now and then of course, but don't pin all our hopes on him.

It does seem a way off(my holiday in February even further!)..was thinking of Wes as more to freshen things up,another option to mix in the bag.

Also a new face,if that's possible in the tricky January window.pretty sure Lee must have had an eye on the "free agent" situation before now??

31 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

It does seem a way off(my holiday in February even further!)..was thinking of Wes as more to freshen things up,another option to mix in the bag.

Also a new face,if that's possible in the tricky January window.pretty sure Lee must have had an eye on the "free agent" situation before now??

Odemwingie .

( I've used up my ' pay as you play ' joke ) 

52 minutes ago, bs3 said:

No Tin hat required. I think he is some one we could go after if we still in the mix comes January.

My main reason for bringing it up is that, when he was discussed in the summer we still had Kodjia and more importantly didn`t have the Kodjia cash so you could argue that he would have been surplus to requirements at the price we would have had to pay then. We`re in a much different position now.

5 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

My main reason for bringing it up is that, when he was discussed in the summer we still had Kodjia and more importantly didn`t have the Kodjia cash so you could argue that he would have been surplus to requirements at the price we would have had to pay then. We`re in a much different position now.

His wages are insane though.

Back to Engvall, I'm not expecting him to be a first choice this season but it is not unreasonable for him to be a squad regular by Xmas.

watching Engvall in the warm ups when he's been around, we all commented on how he didn't really look much like a footballer and seemed to be wearing concrete boots because even then he couldn't trap the bloody ball!

this has been mentioned previously and i do hope he doesn't turn out to be a donkey, but the vibes are not good for a fee of that size.

Engvall doesn't actually exist; there were lots of calls to sign another striker in the summer and to appease the fans the signing of a new striker was announced.

We've employed a local semi-pro who looks vaguely Swedish to run around at training games and appear in photo shoots. He's actually called Steve, is from Bradford on Avon and was working as a plasterer and mobile karaoke host before the Engvall gig.

His contract runs until the summer at which point "Engvall" will go out "on loan" to a Botswanan club without an internet site and Steve will go back to his karaoke.

If City was desperate to sign a striker before January, it could do "a Warnock", and sign someone currently unattached. In theory a player not attached to a club should be rubbish, but this plan works, in the short term, for our friend Neil. I'm sure he would be happy to give LJ a few suggestions (for a small fee)

Archived