IGNORED

Hmm Two Defeats, -if we dont beat Blackburn Saturday..

WhistleHappy

The table and expectations argument is all well and good but the reality is that our momentum is going in the wrong direction and tough fixtures are coming up. We don't want pressure to build on this young squad so a win v Blackburn and one of our tricky November games would be massive.

59 minutes ago, 22A said:

Agreed and history backs you up. Two seasons ago we lost at Swindon and in the next game PNE won at the gate. City bounced back to win the next game 3-0 away and went on to be Champions.

October / November in the 83-84 season City lost six on the bounce and still won promotion.

Finger crossed for 4 defeats from the next four then?

Last season when we lost 2 or 3 on the bounce it was much more difficult to turn it around and a longer poor run was kind of expected. This season I think we have that bit of experience and knowhow that we can turn ourselves into a decent run of form more easily.

Like was said before, it's progress. I will not be panicking.

On 18/10/2016 at 22:41, Full nelson said:

If we lose! then Blackburn will be only 5 points behind us and they've had a shocking season according to their fans!! 

And if we win we could be within 2 points of Huddersfield, who had an incredible start according to their fans!! 

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 22:17, Super said:

The alarming thing has to be the poor performances in both games. Deserved nothing in either. Big performance needed on Saturday.

I agree, whilst losing two games narrowly on the trot is not cause for panic, the manner of those 2 defeats is more of a concern. I thought our display against Cardiff was the worst of the season so far, but we topped (or should that be bottomed) that performance against QPR, with no excuse of the "Warnock effect".

So for me the important thing today is if we don't win, that we at least put in a good performance not the lack-lustre display we had against QPR.

Archived