IGNORED

Matt Taylor

KeepUpLino

Just want to gage opinion on whether he would be a good signing for us in January?

The lad has surprised me TBH and is banging the goals in, would surely be a good acquisition if we could we envoke his release clause? 

1 million should do it ;)

The question has to be would he compliment Tammy?

2 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Just want to gage opinion on whether he would be a good signing for us in January?

The lad has surprised me TBH and is banging the goals in, would surely be a good accusition if we could we envoke his release clause? 

Could he play up front on his own? And at Championship standard? Or would we change our formation to allow him to play with Tammy? How would we be able to get a balanced team with 2 up front & LT in the number 10 role?

I just can't see LJ playing 2 up top, it would mean losing what width we have unless he was to completely change the formation, playing 3 at the back with wing-backs giving us the width, I can't see how he'd be able to accommodate what we have.

1 minute ago, Tipps69 said:

Could he play up front on his own? And at Championship standard? Or would we change our formation to allow him to play with Tammy? How would we be able to get a balanced team with 2 up front & LT in the number 10 role?

I just can't see LJ playing 2 up top, it would mean losing what width we have unless he was to completely change the formation, playing 3 at the back with wing-backs giving us the width, I can't see how he'd be able to accommodate what we have.

Very true Tipps but it would be nice to have an option to change things if need be, the lad clearly knows where the net is?

3 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Very true Tipps but it would be nice to have an option to change things if need be, the lad clearly knows where the net is?

But then we've spent over a million pound on Engvall & not had chance to really see him yet, would we spend even more on another 'bit part' player?

I think LJ has set the team up for 4-2-3-1 & will only adjust that as we have the ball for 4-2-4 or when we don't have the ball for it to be 4-5-1 as such. Yes we could do with someone to be able to back Tammy up & maybe give him a games rest every now & then but I just don't see Taylor being able to play the lone striker role.

27 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

The lad has surprised me TBH and is banging the goals in, would surely be a good acquisition if we could we envoke his release clause? 

Why would you want to spend £1 million on any player who is out of contract at the  end of the season. If we wanted Taylor the best approach would be sign him on a pre contract in Jan.

Whether its Matt Taylor or A.N.Other, we need someone to take the pressure off Tammy. We are doing to him what we did to JK last season and we will burn him out. He hasn't scored for a few games and suddenly we realise we are short on options and that has cost us points. Don't get me wrong, if anyone had said 6th at this stage of the season we would have taken it no problem! But Tammy can't be relied on to keep scoring as he has been. I hope he does but remember he is still only a kid and he's usually up against 2 giant centre backs each game and he is taking some serious battering's. Whatever system we employ to do it we need to get more men up with him when he is receiving the ball. Interesting season ahead..bring it on!

19 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Sorry i forgot... debates, opinions and teasing the blue few are banned on this forum?!?

What?  :dunno:

No-one is banning anything.....

Im just questioning why in opinion of some City should sign an average league 1 striker who recently bagged a hat trick.

I find this quite funny - we talk about strikers on here all the time but we have an above average goal scoring record, for our position in the table we also have an above average goals conceded record.

It might not quite as interesting as attacking but we need to focus on our weakness and at the moment that is stopping goals going in.

14 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I find this quite funny - we talk about strikers on here all the time but we have an above average goal scoring record, for our position in the table we also have an above average goals conceded record.

It might not quite as interesting as attacking but we need to focus on our weakness and at the moment that is stopping goals going in.

Korey Smith may be the solution when fully fit....

Archived