IGNORED

Top of the league..... for pies

Midlands Robin

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/2012151/fulham-fan-is-on-a-mission-to-tuck-into-all-the-pies-in-the-football-league/

I never thought I'd read this about City's catering provisions but it seems our growing success isn't limited to the team on the pitch.

Shame about the sag's comment at the bottom of the page.

19 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/2012151/fulham-fan-is-on-a-mission-to-tuck-into-all-the-pies-in-the-football-league/

I never thought I'd read this about City's catering provisions but it seems our growing success isn't limited to the team on the pitch.

Shame about the sag's comment at the bottom of the page.

Great news that the Ashton Gate pies have had some well deserved recognition. Since the new facilities were opened last year and Chunk pies were introduced, it has been a real treat to have a pre-match pie (or even two sometimes!).  Well done to all concerned!  Now about those chips........ 

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Glad he doesn't review chips. He'd have been left proper disappointed #DMS.

How about getting the best chippy around-and-about-us to do the chips at The Gate? Need to start by identifying the best chip shop nearby....my starter for ten is Noggins Fish Bar in Nailsea.

Any other suggestions?

About time the pies at AG are getting praise from non City fans.

We put up with overpriced shite from Lindsey's for far too long. In fact when they were the catering franchise I never bought any food from inside AG. It was my own personal protest.........:facepalm:

9 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

There are loads of products they've yet to trial #DMS looking at their website.

http://www.chunkofdevon.com/products/

If @Mkelly (not sure why I can't tag) wants to set up a Bristol Sport pie tasting quango, I hereby offer my services.

I've edited for you, tag worked for me. I just wanted to try as the forum is a tiny bit temperamental again. 

1 hour ago, Shtanley said:

The chicken and chorizo pasty is outstanding. I'm aware it's not a pie, although against Forest I saw that the "Pasty of the month" was lamb pie 

Does a pasty not class as a pie..?

For god sake, I'm still entangled in the Jaffa Cake (cake or biscuit) controversy, and now this..!

Why does life have to be so complicated..?! 

What are these pies everyone is talking about?

From Dolman Block B (or whatever that is in new money) there is no longer any food to buy for about 50 metres either way (well, I gave up looking the last two half-times), apart from one tiny booth offering a high-class £6 Pulled Pork roll.  As far as I can see, that is literally the only edible product that is available anywhere in one half of the Dolman, unless you count Thatchers or napkins.  

3 minutes ago, Olé said:

What are these pies everyone is talking about?

From Dolman Block B (or whatever that is in new money) there is no longer any food to buy for about 50 metres either way (well, I gave up looking the last two half-times), apart from one tiny booth offering a high-class £6 Pulled Pork roll.  As far as I can see, that is literally the only edible product that is available anywhere in one half of the Dolman, unless you count Thatchers or napkins.  

Our Steak & Ale pies are very very good. It was always a Clarks pie but there's no beating our pies now. They are always very hot though, I buy it before KO and consum at half time!

Archived