IGNORED

Top of the league..... for pies

Midlands Robin

1 minute ago, Strawberry2157. said:

Our Steak & Ale pies are very very good. It was always a Clarks pie but there's no beating our pies now. They are always very hot though, I buy it before KO and consum at half time!

Thanks. This doesn't help me at all.

Your post is the 'pie' equivalent of that "LOOK WHAT YOU COULD HAVE WON" moment on Bullseye when a speedboat is pulled onto and right back off set by lots of people smiling and waving.

5 minutes ago, Olé said:

What are these pies everyone is talking about?

From Dolman Block B (or whatever that is in new money) there is no longer any food to buy for about 50 metres either way (well, I gave up looking the last two half-times), apart from one tiny booth offering a high-class £6 Pulled Pork roll.  As far as I can see, that is literally the only edible product that is available anywhere in one half of the Dolman, unless you count Thatchers or napkins.  

Oh come on man, man up.... what's wrong with that classic old match day favourite snack of finger nails, ear wax and bogeys .... ?

...football traditions are dying fast.

2 minutes ago, Strawberry2157. said:

If you walk towards the south stand you'll see them for sale

I guessed that but I'm going to continue labouring my point about the lack of food in the Dolman, until someone does something about it, or someone eats a steward.

20 minutes ago, Olé said:

What are these pies everyone is talking about?

From Dolman Block B (or whatever that is in new money) there is no longer any food to buy for about 50 metres either way (well, I gave up looking the last two half-times), apart from one tiny booth offering a high-class £6 Pulled Pork roll.  As far as I can see, that is literally the only edible product that is available anywhere in one half of the Dolman, unless you count Thatchers or napkins.  

tiny booth offering a high-class £6 Pulled Pork roll.  

Sounds very dodgy to me .

:disapointed2se:

59 minutes ago, Fiale said:

I had the Lamb Pie - it was their pie of the month. It was pretty decent, a little to peppery for my taste but compared to some of the fare I have had over the years it was a solid 8/10

The lamb pie is not to baad then? 

How much do they cost - are the caterers fleecing you?

:whistle: :)

A complete Menu and Price list for all available stadium concessions munchies would be handy...  with ratings out of ten for quality and vfm from people who have experienced the various goodies on offer ....then we can begin to form considered opinions on the pros, cons etc of the stadium catering as it currently is.. this could be fun, as the custard pies begin to fly! :tomato:

5 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

The news about the quality of our pies reached the listeners of Radio 5 at 6:57 this morning when the chap from the Sun article was interviewed on air.

The Lamb pie was described as absolutely fabulous and like 'a little roast dinner in a pie'

Kinda makes you feel proud !!

The Radio 5 coverage will mean an extra 200 turning up against Blackburn - just for the pies.

Yep we are proud of our team and our pies.

12 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

That list doesn't include the song from The Wizard of Oz.

You know the one, "Somewhere over the rainbow, weigh a pie..."

Archived