IGNORED

Atyeo statue +++ Final plinth names fitted +++

Dollymarie

Thinking of getting this in amongst the '20 words' when they want the book dedication;

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

As far as I know, my old man has never been there, in fact I'm pretty sure he hates Wales. But he did teach me the value of money, so 19 other dead long words and he'll be proud of me.

• Admin
10 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Outstanding, cannot wait to see this statue unveiled.  I imagine the crowd will be huge when the memorial of John Atyeo is revealed.

City were at Stoke city the day their Stanley Matthews statue was unveiled, even having no connection to their club it was a great occasion to be involved with. 

48 minutes ago, phantom said:

City were at Stoke city the day their Stanley Matthews statue was unveiled, even having no connection to their club it was a great occasion to be involved with. 

Certainly one of those rare experiences / memories that last a life time.

On a personal note, I've always been a bit of an odd one when it comes to statues, I often like to take a quiet moment next to the stone effigy and consider their life.  Done this a fair few times whilst standing next to John Cabot down by the harbour.  Now I can do the same with another famous John!

12 hours ago, Threshing Red said:

Well done to everyone involved with getting the statue done. Are Sc&T planning to raise funds for a Gerry Gow statue in the future? 

Reading the SCAT website yesterday, the Atyeo fund raiser took 8 years, so if they do decide to launch an appeal don't be surprised if it takes a while to hit target.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Reading the SCAT website yesterday, the Atyeo fund raiser took 8 years, so if they do decide to launch an appeal don't be surprised if it takes a while to hit target.

The timing of the statue has always been intrinsically linked to the completion of stadium redevelopment. The statue would have been ready years ago if the stadium had been.

Photos of the statue have now been submitted to the Council to discharge one of the conditions attached to planning permission.

Looking good!

http://planningonline.bristol.gov.uk/online-applications/files/C841BD78E7D7F43424AE96ACE5EACF6E/pdf/16_05829_COND-30960_05_LETTER_TO_BCC_-_ASHTON_GATE_-_CONDITION_19_26.10.2016-1548855.pdf

Really impressive, great effort by all concerned and must say what a wonderfully talented sculptor! the detail he's captured is amazing....

Love the chosen iconic pose too, with just a slight concern that Our John is going to become a pidgeon magnet - with all that entails!  .... occasional cleaning will therefore be necessary and those outstretched arms are a long way up....

....maybe we should start saving for a cherry picker next? 

On 29/10/2016 at 18:21, WayOutWest said:

Good morning all. 

Can I please request some pictures be uploaded on here. 

I am sure I speak for many expats who can't make it would love to see as many pics as possible .  

That would be great.

Thanks in advance

Stevo 

For anyone planning on taking photos/video of the reveal, I would suggest getting a good spot early as it gets mighty congested in that bottleneck area........although doing it at 3:30pm might not be so bad.

Archived