IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Blackburn Rovers Match Day Thread

For me Pattersod was one of the most dangerous players ( it's funny but yeah we didn't had dangerous players today ) 

Tammy was not so good, Tomlin try many things but only few or them become good opportunities. We pass way to much vertically we need more creativity.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Good for Geoff for taking on that regular Radio Bristol misery guts Ian...time to drop him from his roster of callers. Apparently it was an appalling game of football...with which Geoff disagreed. Knows it all this chap Ian...amazed he's not managing the club...

Can't say I'll be rushing to buy the the DVD when it comes out....

2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Can't say I'll be rushing to buy the the DVD when it comes out....

Agreed Andy...but anyone who watches football week in week out appreciates that there are two teams out there and you'll not see champagne football every time. Going on the radio to slate a performance like that strikes me as unnecessarily negative.

We are, after all, 6th in the Championship...

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Agreed Andy...but anyone who watches football week in week out appreciates that there are two teams out there and you'll not see champagne football every time. Going on the radio to slate a performance like that strikes me as unnecessarily negative.

We are, after all, 6th in the Championship...

Some people are never satisfied!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, eardun said:

Joe looked really good when he came on, even playing on the right wing. For me, he should be starting left midfield as he's so great going forward; let him drop back to left back in his 30s! Freeman, O'Dowda and Paterson can then fight it out for right midfield or be cover for Tomlin and Bryan.

Exactly . Hope LJ has seen enough now to realise . 

Frustrating game today, particularly the way it got run by the referee. Our biggest problem at the moment is supporting Abraham fast enough. We can play it out well from the back but last few games it's just breaking down around that final third. We seem to become more dangerous once a second out and out striker comes on. I'm sure Johnson believes the initial formation should work and often it has but they need to work on why they can't seem to support Abraham quicker. 

Really chuffed we kept going and ground out the result. Important to just keep things ticking over after some disjointed performances and I'm sure it will click fine again.

7 minutes ago, Super said:

I said I will take the win but come on we were poor today.

We pressed in the last few minutes, so forget the rest, so deserved. As said there will be other games that we deserved a win. draw and get nothing, I will say that our recent form had been below par, can you imagine how good we will be when we get it together?

What a very strange day...

Probably the worst game of football I've seen in a long time. The worst referee I've seen in a long time...and the worst atmosphere I've heard down the Gate in a very long time...you could hear a pin drop at times. I actually felt depressed at half time.

I've never seen us so static...we were clueless in possession. Very few options available to pass. We seemed to be playing in straight lines instead of creating angles and space. I've never seen so many professional footballers stand so static expecting the ball to come to them... so frustrating to watch.

For me the only players that did themselves any credit today, were Mags, Flint and Tomlin to some degree.

How Korey got motm is beyond me. I don't think GON and him look good as a partnership based on this performance.

Positives... 3 points. Hearing the Gerry Gow chant again...respectful minutes silence, and a great display from Harry and the lads. Put a lump in my throat.

Hopefully this is just our blip in performance...because today the majority of players were poor in their movement and understanding.

• Like 3