IGNORED

14 January 2016

ploppy

was the day that Steve Cotterill was sacked, following a dismal defeat to Preston at home. We sat 22nd in the table that day with 21 points and a -23 goal difference.

Today, we have passed the infamous 21 point mark almost three months earlier in the season.

We have progressed so much in such a short space of time.

Onwards and upwards!

1 minute ago, WestonRobin said:

But the real worry is...you said lose the next 12 games. 

Does this mean it will all end soon and that we'll beat Fulham at home?

Nope the post was made after the Blackburn win. We've played 13 league games since then and lost 11 if I'm not mistaken.

19 minutes ago, ploppy said:

Why do I feel like I called what was about to happen? I'm truly baffled by the last three months

It's not LJ's fault, it's yours, you jinxed the whole god damn thing.  Please put it right.

Quick re-paint the posters outside Wickes "Ploppy Out" and "Ploppy Out Shit'

35 minutes ago, ploppy said:

Why do I feel like I called what was about to happen? I'm truly baffled by the last three months

I know - unbelievably bad!!!

I never believed in our league position back in October (always thought we were a mid table side) and knew that we would have a bad run but never envisaged our current predicament.  

I kept thinking that if we could arrive at Christmas with 33 points (which was more than achievable), then with a half decent Christmas hoped for 38. We would then only need another 10 for a comfortable survival.

What a wasted opportunity, all down to dire tactics and bad management.

I still do not believe in our league position as we have a squad more than capable of a mid table finish - all we need now is for MA to sack Lee and give Pembo a go for a few weeks - unless he already has somebody lined up.

1 hour ago, ploppy said:

That is weirdly prophetic - it's like a curse!

1 hour ago, ploppy said:

Nope the post was made after the Blackburn win. We've played 13 league games since then and lost 11 if I'm not mistaken.

Still; wildly close.

1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

Please send me a pm with next Wednesday's winning lotto numbers 

I'll have some of that action...

Archived