IGNORED

Perspective

Unan

26 minutes ago, Griffin said:

We're Bristol City, we're in the play off spaces.. why is there still so much moaning..

This.

With virtually a new team over the last 9 months it's unbelievable after last season. 23 points after 14 Games!  Let's take it 5 games at a time, not 2?

20 minutes ago, shelts said:

At the moment things are going well , with that expectation grows so do the critics. Part of football and I'm sure our very well paid manager and his troops have heard it all before. Chill!

My concern isn't for the management and players...who will all move on eventually....it's for the poor sods amongst us who can't enjoy the good times when they're here! I'm sure you're not amongst them Shelts but I've followed the club for going on 50 years now and in all that time there have been pitifully few evenings when we've been sat higher in the league than we are tonight...

Haven't read all the posts but who moaning.

I don't really get threads like this, after all it's a forum and people are meant to discuss Bristol City and express an opinion.

Is it a case of we are only allowed to come on here when we are losing.

Like I said haven't read all the post but I don't get the sense of a lot of negativity.

7 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

My concern isn't for the management and players...who will all move on eventually....it's for the poor sods amongst us who can't enjoy the good times when they're here! I'm sure you're not amongst them Shelts but I've followed the club for going on 50 years now and in all that time there have been pitifully few evenings when we've been sat higher in the league than we are tonight...

You make a fair point. I came out of the game asking myself do I want to be entertained a little moreand possibly get nowt, or play poor win and be in the promotion mix?!!

1 minute ago, shelts said:

You make a fair point. I came out of the game asking myself do I want to be entertained a little moreand possibly get nowt, or play poor win and be in the promotion mix?!!

well I guess it depends how you define playing poorly...I've increasingly come to the conclusion that the higher the standard of the players the more it's a bit like a game of chess, where crafting the opportunity to play is necessary before you get to show what you can do...and where some games never get beyond the battle for one side or another to play its natural game or impose its will. If you find that battle entertaining in itself then even a game like QPR or Cardiff has something to offer. I want to see us outplay the opposition, and I'm prepared to accept sometimes that will look a bit ugly. 

1 hour ago, Griffin said:

We're Bristol City, we're in the play off spaces.. why is there still so much moaning..

I don't know what moaning you're referring to as I haven't read every thread , but this is a forum where people express their views. If everyone is honest, this was a dire game against a poor team in the relegation zone. O.K, let's celebrate being near the top of the table, but also be honest about the performance. It was awful. Blackburn's goalkeeper didn't have a proper save to make apart from Wilbraham's shot which took a lucky deflection. 

But, it's 3 points!

15 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Haven't read all the posts but who moaning.

I don't really get threads like this, after all it's a forum and people are meant to discuss Bristol City and express an opinion.

Is it a case of we are only allowed to come on here when we are losing.

Like I said haven't read all the post but I don't get the sense of a lot of negativity.

I agree I think some people forget that this is a forum.

I see very little if any negativity, all I see is people really happy for an ugly but timely win after 2 defeats and discussing where things need to be improved, pretty much echoing the words of LJ, whatever is the problem with that?.

10 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

well I guess it depends how you define playing poorly...I've increasingly come to the conclusion that the higher the standard of the players the more it's a bit like a game of chess, where crafting the opportunity to play is necessary before you get to show what you can do...and where some games never get beyond the battle for one side or another to play its natural game or impose its will. If you find that battle entertaining in itself then even a game like QPR or Cardiff has something to offer. I want to see us outplay the opposition, and I'm prepared to accept sometimes that will look a bit ugly. 

1 minute ago, shelts said:
11 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

We have set high standards so far this season. Football is football and I accept it ain't all about free flowing ball play as it takes two to tango. Teams are doing their homework and making things rather difficult for us. 

12 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I don't know what moaning you're referring to as I haven't read every thread , but this is a forum where people express their views. If everyone is honest, this was a dire game against a poor team in the relegation zone. O.K, let's celebrate being near the top of the table, but also be honest about the performance. It was awful. Blackburn's goalkeeper didn't have a proper save to make apart from Wilbraham's shot which took a lucky deflection. 

But, it's 3 points!

Exactly this ^^^^

17 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

But, it's 3 points!

And it's great that there's such a variety of views. I watched on a very poor TV feed as I was laid up ill today..but I wouldn't describe it as a dire game, or Blackburn as a poor team, or it being an awful performance...

...but I'm currently celebrating!

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

And it's great that there's such a variety of views. I watched on a very poor TV feed as I was laid up ill today..but I wouldn't describe it as a dire game, or Blackburn as a poor team, or it being an awful performance...

Ahhh when the drugs don't work then, because I believe a huge majority would describe it oppositely to you and are also celebrating just like I am.

32 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

But, it's 3 points!

Very true.

I've heard of winning ugly, but that was winning hideous. 

Thought their 10. Marshall looked quality - great range of passing

Wouldnt mind him in our squad

Thought Emnes did well too - thought he held ball up for them well and was a threat (Based on that performance, again we could do worse)

Edit

Knew little about Marshall

Ex Stoke / Leicester with a unremarkable career to date - have to say impressed me today

17 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Fantastic. I hope you are on the way to recovery.  This just goes to prove that watching City is far better than taking drugs. If only a City season ticket was available on the NHS!

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Today was all about ending the losing run and getting back on track, 3 points and a clean sheet is all that matters today, build some confidence going into Tuesday night when we have every chance of reaching the Qtr Finals, hope we can shift a load of tickets and get another 20k plus crowd!

Do we know how many tickets have been sold?

I think some people need to realise we're Bristol City and not Barcelona and that we are not going to win every week and/or play attractive football. Today was a good 3 pets won after the two defeats. I must admit I find it satisfying winning a game  like today, a game last season we would have probably lost.  Last season we were flirting with relegation and at the moment we are flirting with the play offs. That's progress  :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, pongo88 said:

But, it's 3 points!

People can say whatever they want, it's a forum of course and it's for opinions. What I mean is their genuine negativity towards games like today. I don't mind people complaining but there's been to much negativity considering who we are and our position, people need to lower their expectations.

3 minutes ago, Griffin said:

People can say whatever they want, it's a forum of course and it's for opinions. What I mean is their genuine negativity towards games like today. I don't mind people complaining but there's been to much negativity considering who we are and our position.

You keep saying that and other/most people are saying where is the moaning and where is the negativity?.

The consensus seems to be shit game, ugly but welcome win and people discussing the game, things that could be improved, the referee (all things that LJ alludes to) and also varied subjects like the pies, the view etc. etc. that is what a football forum is for, tonight there has been virtually 100% discussion with little or no moaning or negativity.

5 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

You keep saying that and other/most people are saying where is the moaning and where is the negativity?.

The consensus seems to be shit game, ugly but welcome win and people discussing the game, things that could be improved, the referee (all things that LJ alludes to) and also varied subjects like the pies, the view etc. etc. that is what a football forum is for, tonight there has been virtually 100% discussion with little or no moaning or negativity.

That's how I see it too.

Positives:

1 In play off positions after 14 games

2 Excellent young manager

3 Well organised recruitment team

4 Local committed owner

5 Two solid centre backs at this level

6 A loanee striker on fire who is in the opinion of many a future England striker

7 A great new stadium

8 As good a crowd, in terms of size, as we have ever had

9 CTID

Archived