IGNORED

once again....that Ref!

Antman

he was shit

inconsistent, off the play, weak and some of the decisions (Tammy & Flint) were diabolical.

Flint's yellow was a case, they guy clearly played for that - swan lake or what - and maybe its obstruction at worst - but a yellow, **** off!

He didn't have control of the game and the substitution / goal kick fiasco was an example

really poor in my book.

6 minutes ago, Antman said:

he was shit

inconsistent, off the play, weak and some of the decisions (Tammy & Flint) were diabolical.

Flint's yellow was a case, they guy clearly played for that - swan lake or what - and maybe its obstruction at worst - but a yellow, **** off!

He didn't have control of the game and the substitution / goal kick fiasco was an example

really poor in my book.

Obstruction at worst?! There was daylight between the Blackburn player and Flint!

20 minutes ago, hodge said:

Played advantage for the goal at least, would see lots of refs giving the foul.

Obviously the advantage for the goal worked in our favour, but I felt it was a poor decision at the time. 

Brilliant by Wilbs to score from there but he had nothing on with 3 defenders around him. About time a wrong decision went for us! 

26 minutes ago, hodge said:

Played advantage for the goal at least, would see lots of refs giving the foul.

After City scored from becoming Mr Pedantic making sure free kicks and throw in's were taken from exactly the correct spot, he suddenly allowed Blackburn to take them wherever they felt like.

He was weak I would say.

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Yes he did and then failed to punish the player and after City scored from becoming Mr Pedantic making sure free kicks and throw in's were taken from exactly the correct spot, he suddenly allowed Blackburn to take them wherever they felt like.

He was weak I would say.

He booked the player who fouled Tammy in the build up to the goal

Why was the game brought back at the very start?

He did get 2 things right:  a clear Flint foul late in the second half that would have had Flint sent off.  Luckily he waved play on and it went on so long I guess he'd forgotten the original foul.

Secondly, Blackburn wasted so much time it should have been 6 minutes extra but he thankfully compromised o 4.

The Blackburn keeper carried the ball out of his area when kicking from his hands on at least two occasions in the first half. We were punished for that at Rotherham a couple of years ago - if memory serves, Steve Evans had a word with the ref about it at half time, and when Fielding repeated it in the second half he gave Rotherham a free kick that they scored from. But neither the ref nor the linesmen spotted it today.

Also, what happened with the kick off having to be retaken? On a side note, why are we the only team still using two players for the kick off - every other team in the country seems to be aware of the law change (i.e. you only need one player in the centre circle for kick off) but we either seem unaware of it or are ignoring it. 

19 minutes ago, Chivs said:

Why was the game brought back at the very start?

He did get 2 things right:  a clear Flint foul late in the second half that would have had Flint sent off.  Luckily he waved play on and it went on so long I guess he'd forgotten the original foul.

Secondly, Blackburn wasted so much time it should have been 6 minutes extra but he thankfully compromised o 4.

If advantage is played the ref isn't allowed to send the player off, either through a straight red or second yellow.

Archived