IGNORED

Magnusson

Coppello

I thought the guy deserves his own thread and was my man of the match today. He might not win everything in the air but mops up everything at the back. He was fantastic today and kept their attackers at bay.

I love the way he interacts with fans on social media but seems to already be at home at the Gate. 

Like with Kodjia, I'm finding him an 'enjoy him whilst he's here' player. He absolutely ooozes class. Maybe we'll get a little longer, he does seem to enjoy it here, but I think he's destined for the top and can see why Juventus thought he was worth bringing into their fold and seeing how far he may develop. 

2 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Like with Kodjia, I'm finding him an 'enjoy him whilst he's here' player. He absolutely ooozes class. Maybe we'll get a little longer, he does seem to enjoy it here, but I think he's destined for the top and can see why Juventus thought he was worth bringing into their fold and seeing how far he may develop. 

Completely agree, sort of. (Maybe not Completely agree then)

I am convinced he will go on to play at a higher level. But unconvinced it won't be with us.

Because CB isn't a glamorous position I think we will be able to get 2-3 seasons with him, and if we do go up in that time, he may well stay a bit longer.

If we don't go up in the next 2-3 years there's no chance he will still be here, and if he carries on as he has started then he will fully deserve to move to a better club when the time comes.

17 minutes ago, Coppello said:

I thought the guy deserves his own thread and was my man of the match today. He might not win everything in the air but mops up everything at the back. He was fantastic today and kept their attackers at bay.

I love the way he interacts with fans on social media but seems to already be at home at the Gate. 

Completely, everyone around me all had him as our best player today.

I'm also convinced that MoM is on some sort of rota this season as no way on earth was Korey better than him or Flint today.

22 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Completely agree, sort of. (Maybe not Completely agree then)

I am convinced he will go on to play at a higher level. But unconvinced it won't be with us.

Because CB isn't a glamorous position I think we will be able to get 2-3 seasons with him, and if we do go up in that time, he may well stay a bit longer.

If we don't go up in the next 2-3 years there's no chance he will still be here, and if he carries on as he has started then he will fully deserve to move to a better club when the time comes.

Would just like to correct you slightly. In my opinion there are no better clubs than us. Better teams, maybe, but no better clubs.

Jeepers, I know I did the corporate today in the Heineken lounge and have had a few,. But I thought he was poor and carried by Flint. Passing was shocking and he hardly found a red shirt all game...

Agree that he has a classy look to him and will get better and he had their right winger in his pocket. But Flint all day long for me

2 minutes ago, brady bunch said:

Jeepers, I know I did the corporate today in the Heineken lounge and have had a few,. But I thought he was poor and carried by Flint. Passing was shocking and he hardly found a red shirt all game...

Agree that he has a classy look to him and will get better and he had their right winger in his pocket. But Flint all day long for me

Ridiculous. Flint was out of his depth today, Magnusson was by far the best defender and had a great game. Stop being on the booze when watching the game.

8 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Completely, everyone around me all had him as our best player today.

I'm also convinced that MoM is on some sort of rota this season as no way on earth was Korey better than him or Flint today.

MotM seems to be decided by whoever has done something nice during the 65th to 70th minute - as that's when they obviously vote - respective of how the rest of their game played out. 

Hordur my MotM too. He's something of an unsung hero. That said, I don't begrudge Korey his award. It's tough to come back from all that time away to play 90 minutes of first team football and he did acquit himself well, I thought.

18 minutes ago, brady bunch said:

I saw it the same way mate thought he lost aerial battles gave away some fouls when he knew he was losing the battle. Thought flint was better.

that said have been very impressed with hordur in general since he arrived.

hard to pick a mom today dreadful game. Thought Korey for first game back never gave the ball away...would rank everyone 6 apart from Korey a 7

I was actually thinking during the game how well Magnusson had settled in, so it's nice to read a thread praising him, as has been said already its not the most glamorous positions, and he gets overshadowed by Flint I think. 

As for MOTM, definitely Korey who was everywhere, God we've missed him. Then I would have said Magnusson. I don't think Flint had one of his better games today personally, the early booking didn't help. 

9 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Good in the air?  Haha.  You should watch him more.

What is it with you? Magnusson is very good in the air, he loses a few but in English football you have around 3,000 headers to win every game. Your favourite Flint loses a few also. Your negativity towards a class player is pathetic.

5 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I'm aware how opinions work.  You should have seen him at QPR.  Appalling in the air.  

Good. I was there. He aint going to be good in the air EVERY game. In general IMO he's good in the air. That is all.

37 minutes ago, brady bunch said:

Have to agree barely won a header all afternoon.

Archived