IGNORED

Upper West stand (merged)

Snufflelufagus

My first time up there and I loved it.

Terrific view of not only the pitch but also bristol.

4 big things I'm excited to be completed:

1) the big screen in the other corner

2) the new changing rooms and tunnel to be open

3) something classy and BCFC-related to be written along the top of the dolman stand in the big empty white space 

4) the red lights to be complete 

Sat right at the back of the top tier today - pretty impressive perspective.

Libertine is right - need to ensure fans there can see clock/scoreboard.

I dread to think what the woman from Sky Sports said when (if ever) Jeff Stelling came to her for updates  - it certainly wouldn't have been Kammy "unbelievable!" - apart from maybe when Wilbs hit the winner.

Very impressed with the upper lansdown today, although near the back had a great view. Facilities were excellent. Only things that disappointed me was the lack of atmosphere across the stadium - I suppose this is the cost of modern football. Another thing there was a group to my upper left that seemed to get told off by the stewards for standing up even on the back row & didn't seem to be causing any trouble. Just hope when at full capacity there's a bit more noise then just the atyeo. 

2 minutes ago, Can't stand me now said:

Very impressed with the upper lansdown today, although near the back had a great view. Facilities were excellent. Only things that disappointed me was the lack of atmosphere across the stadium - I suppose this is the cost of modern football. Another thing there was a group to my upper left that seemed to get told off by the stewards for standing up even on the back row & didn't seem to be causing any trouble. Just hope when at full capacity there's a bit more noise then just the atyeo. 

The back four rows weren't sold, so they were in the wrong seats, and that in itself is causing trouble.

I was wondering why the concourse in the upper tier has the cloudy plastic panel windows instead of clear - I know the views might be brilliant (but is suspect they would be) - it seemed to take away a little from the concourse kind if difference between a A and A-

IMG_20161022_144213 (1).jpg

also, queued for couple of pies, and a coke and coffee - but after a small queue just a minute or 2 max got my pies and coke, but told I could not get my coffee as it was a different company, so had to join another queue 2 ft away, that was probably 3-4 minute wait - opted for another coke instead, but seemed a little silly - though nice to see they have tables up there.... looking at you South Stand

2 hours ago, Cotham Brow Red said:

Is a great view can even see the Cotswolds in the far distance. Not the stand for too many beers before though, its a bit hairy like wembley is. If you suffer from wobbliness like me mind.

Could you see my house? 

10 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Thought the ground (atyeo excluded) didn't look too empty with the crowd more spread out. Hope to see it used a bit more often 

I think there was a discussion some time ago about putting all seats on sale all of the time.

OK there was a ticket offer for this game but it does demonstrate that people want to sit in the higher tier, and that it  isn't detrimental to the 'feel' around the stadium.

The only gaps that were truly evident were in the hospitality area in lower Lansdown where once again many of the best seats in the stadium remain empty, I hope the club will reconsider selling some of those next season as straight forward STs, there will be a demand from people who have sat in the central Williams previously but don't want the hospitality (me).

Although not widely advertised I wonder how many POTD fans turned up yesterday?

As an aside I think the fans village is a great idea, pretty unique to us I would think .

Was a great view and seemed a whole different perspective to where I normally sit in lower dolman. 

After all the issues we had with queues for food/drinks in dolman they don't seemed to have learnt. We left our seat as soon as ref blowed for HT joined the toilet q and afterwards joined the q for drinks. I gave up waiting as the game was going to restart but my youngest stayed in the q to get his coke , he got back to his seat a couple of mins after restarting. Luckily we went to the loo first as the q when we went back to our seat must of been nearly 30-40 metres long.  

Was my first game of the season and was sit in lower Lansdown. View was very good and the whole ground looks so good now.

Only trouble was trying to go to the loo and get some food. With crash on m6 yesterday took me 5 and a half hours to get to ground from Manchester and arrived with my son bang on 3. Got to our seats as minutes silence about to start.

Went to get something to eat at half time and missed first 5 mins of second half due to the queues. There must be more than just 2 concessions selling hot food. Had to queue outside for food for at least queues were moving and was some kind of queue. For such an impressive stand the concessions service was awful, when will it be sorted or just the 2 one each end is all there will be.

Great view of most of the pitch from about half way back in W6. Stadium looks great and when we get a capacity crowd with decent away support there should be a superb atmosphere at AG. 

What I did find annoying was the size of glass safety panels towards the bottom of each row of stairs. I guess it's a health and safety thing but I would be seriously unhappy if I had a season ticket near one of them as the view is affected  looking through the glass. I am surprised the seats affected are not marked as restricted view  

Great to see a game from that part of the ground but looking forward to going back to the South Stand for the next match. 

Archived