IGNORED

Upper West stand (merged)

Snufflelufagus

15 hours ago, Fiale said:

I was wondering why the concourse in the upper tier has the cloudy plastic panel windows instead of clear - I know the views might be brilliant (but is suspect they would be) - it seemed to take away a little from the concourse kind if difference between a A and A-

IMG_20161022_144213 (1).jpg

also, queued for couple of pies, and a coke and coffee - but after a small queue just a minute or 2 max got my pies and coke, but told I could not get my coffee as it was a different company, so had to join another queue 2 ft away, that was probably 3-4 minute wait - opted for another coke instead, but seemed a little silly - though nice to see they have tables up there.... looking at you South Stand

Guessing it could get pretty warm in there in the spring/summer months, what with the sun setting behind the Lansdown.

Switched from South Stand for the game as got 10 pound tickets for 3 mates. Turned up just before 3 and only 1 seat out of the 4 were free. One guy agreed to move, two others didnt which was disappointing as we couldnt sit together. Found odd seats to go to. View was fantastic. Toilet queues were lengthy and didnt wait to get food/drink at half time as would have missed start of 2nd half. At least we were able to sit together 2nd half as the two guys sat in the wrong seats didnt come back. Game was crap but to get the 3 points was fantastic. Will go in the stand again but do prefer it behind the goal in the SS as atmosphear is better..

15 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Could you see my house? 

This was my view. Yes, I think I can just about see your house?

The view of the game was superb, but I did feel a little detached and disengaged from the action. Not as bad as say the upper tier at Wembley or the away end at Newcastle, but I wouldn't choose to sit there again.

Blackburn game.jpg

1 hour ago, sirscrumpton said:

Guessing it could get pretty warm in there in the spring/summer months, what with the sun setting behind the Lansdown.

With hundreds of tonnes of cold concrete i'd imagine it would soak up the heat.... just thought it looked odd, and could have added a little more to the wow factor if you could see out.

Looking how high it is ,  next season I'd give the away fans the upper lansdown , not sure how many it holds , give away as many tickets as they can sell .  After all More money for us , away fans up in the gods hopefully won't affect the atmosphere .   Would be good to see the lower bowl as I've seen it called to all city fans . Then people who want to bring friends should have no trouble getting seats together.  

11 hours ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Was my first game of the season and was sit in lower Lansdown. View was very good and the whole ground looks so good now.

Only trouble was trying to go to the loo and get some food. With crash on m6 yesterday took me 5 and a half hours to get to ground from Manchester and arrived with my son bang on 3. Got to our seats as minutes silence about to start.

Went to get something to eat at half time and missed first 5 mins of second half due to the queues. There must be more than just 2 concessions selling hot food. Had to queue outside for food for at least queues were moving and was some kind of queue. For such an impressive stand the concessions service was awful, when will it be sorted or just the 2 one each end is all there will be.

I sit lower Lansdown , and there is an issue with toilets. Always a queue and only one Gents and under pressure at half time. Also , admittedly for the first time this season as far as I know, there were no pasties left at two outlets prematch. One said they wern't selling them???  They need to keep on top of this, they have improved over time ,we were in the Dolman last year and they had people going around looking for faults and ways to improve. It's still early days , and the fit out isn't complete , but running out of food is poor.

On 10/22/2016 at 21:28, Fiale said:

I was wondering why the concourse in the upper tier has the cloudy plastic panel windows instead of clear - I know the views might be brilliant (but is suspect they would be) - it seemed to take away a little from the concourse kind if difference between a A and A-

IMG_20161022_144213 (1).jpg

Shame about the frosted glass. Probably obscures the view of the village green.

I went up to the very top of the Upper tier last Saturday with some friends. My goodness but it is very steep and the nearest I've ever encountered to the double decker behind the goal at Bramall Lane.

I'm a sprightly 73 years and was able to go up quite easily. However, I made very sure that I came down to the vomitory, at a very cautious pace. If anywhere in the new stadium needs handrails, it is there.

Great view though but at my age I think I'll stick to the lower bowl. 

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 19:57, Libertine1 said:

Great views and don't feel far away from action.

If I had to find something to moan about - cant see a scoreboard or clock, from W3 at least. Toilets need those in/out signs that the lower stand has.

about those in out signs I can only assume a lot of people in the south stand cant read

Archived