IGNORED

Atmosphere

formerly known as ivan

On ‎23‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 22:11, Champion Dung Spreader said:

Tickets are often available in the Atyeo (the opposition frequently don't take up their full allocation); I brought a guest in to the Atyeo with me yesterday.

Regarding atmosphere, my guest doesn't attend live football much  - he usually watches the premiership on Sky. He has never been to the Gate before and was amazed by the size of the ground and new stands. I made excuses about the atmosphere being subdued and quiet due to the poor first half etc. He said "That was quiet?" - he thought we were loud. Anyway, he enjoyed it so much he wants to come along regularly - so I'm hoping he experiences a lively atmosphere on Tuesday.

I've wanted to go in the Atyeo this season due to the number of singers etc - gave up my ST in the South Stand as it was sporadic there.

Didn't realise you could get in there this season as whenever I've looked to book tickets online, they aren't available - do you have to contact the ticket office rather than rely on the BS website?

Until a group of fans committed to nothing but supporting the team for 90 mins is born then little will change. The Atyeo, as I've said before has some like this but most just stand with their arms crossed bar the occasional chants where everyone does get involved.

Perhaps for a game this season we in the Atyeo should challenge ourselves to sing for 90 minutes, with 5 seconds of hush considered too much. Even if it is just a small group that keep going whilst the rest can join in and out at their pleasure. The group would have to be central Atyeo and not the corner though.

8 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I have to say the lady steward in S21 put us off our stride today. The guy who sits behind me is quite vocal, and we all like him for it, however the lady told him to 'keep it down' (and he wasn't even swearing!) then proceeded to watch us all first half until she was moved to the Dolman for the 2nd half. I didn't like being watched continually and felt it was unnecessary, and it certainly ruined the game for me.

Was that the miserable looking old hag in the glasses?

Archived