IGNORED

Freemans on fire

MC RISK77

When was the last time he was really on fire...part of a great squad and really hope he can start terrorising defences in this league but just can't see it.

i have been a big fan but first time today I looked at his performance alongside many other games this year and thought what does he offer...

crab like movements across the pitch the multiple step overs with no shot or killer ball.

we looked so much more threatening when Joe Bryan was on the pitch.

His stat about not scoring at Home is shocking really. Can be a very good player, is too weak and not quick enough though.

What frustrates me the most is when we have an opportunity to attack he will slow us down by doing an extra stepover and by then the defence are already back into a comfortable position

8 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

His stat about not scoring at Home is shocking really. Can be a very good player, is too weak and not quick enough though.

What frustrates me the most is when we have an opportunity to attack he will slow us down by doing an extra stepover and by then the defence are already back into a comfortable position

I could forgive the not scoring if he was creating chances / assists but he's not really do that either.

btw - thought that Moore and Bryan looked pretty good together on the right, though in fairness Blackburn players looked shagged towards the end of the game

Fact is at league 1 level he is an excellent player, the step up seems too big for him though.

Its interesting that when we signed him he was seemingly highly rated.....but didn't go to a champ club.

Im one of the few who think his best position is actually behind the striker in the middle....but he doesn't have a shot on him.

A good player.....but isn't he out of contract in the summer??

Looks good and comfortable on the ball but appears to offer zero penetration in the final third and turns back far too often.  He assisted for fun in league one and I really backed him to shine in this division but it just hasn't happened for him. Wouldn't be in my strongest 11.

8 minutes ago, Libertine1 said:

Thought he did ok. Not fantastic but definitely not awful like some would have you believe.

If we are serious about being a top ten side in this league - let alone a top six one - we need attacking players that are only occasionally "ok, but not awful" and the rest of the time "lively, threatening" and, let's be plain, "on fire." Poor Luke is so damp a squib he'll never trouble the fire brigade (I hope someone throws this quote back at me some day). It's very sad to watch, for someone so central to our 2014/15 success.

6 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

If we are serious about being a top ten side in this league - let alone a top six one - we need attacking players that are only occasionally "ok, but not awful" and the rest of the time "lively, threatening" and, let's be plain, "on fire."

Absolutely. My point being though that today he wasn't awful.

I thought he was hopeless. He never took a player  on and beat them.When he tried he lost the ball. And when put in a good position seemed not to know what to do. I thought when he went off and Bryan came on we started to really look threatening. A great shame but still looks like a league 1 player to me. Not sure how he gets a start.

Archived