IGNORED

Goldbourne

Snufflelufagus

Had Joe started instead of Freeman today, that would be my preferred starting XI, form and fitness accepted.

SG is trying to do more in advanced positions, had a 10 yard volley blocked at the far list in the second half.  

Think Hordur and him look solid on the left side of our defence.

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Had Joe started instead of Freeman today, that would be my preferred starting XI, form and fitness accepted.

SG is trying to do more in advanced positions, had a 10 yard volley blocked at the far list in the second half.  

Think Hordur and him look solid on the left side of our defence.

I think most of us would agree with all of that. If Goldbourne can add some attacking  qualities to his game on a regular basis it'll be happy days for all concerned.

Not sure why Bryan didn't start today, rumour was that he got a knock at QPR of Tuesday....:dunno:

15 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I think most of us would agree with all of that. If Goldbourne can add some attacking  qualities to his game on a regular basis it'll be happy days for all concerned.

Not sure why Bryan didn't start today, rumour was that he got a knock at QPR of Tuesday....:dunno:

Who?

Again, its interesting how people see things differently. I like Scott, I think he's a better defender than Joe, but today to me he seemed hesitant and unsure. The thing I thought he did well was stick to the left side, whereas I thought AM went far too central.

For me today - positionally 8/10, general 5/10. Feel free to disagree...

19 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Again, its interesting how people see things differently. I like Scott, I think he's a better defender than Joe, but today to me he seemed hesitant and unsure. The thing I thought he did well was stick to the left side, whereas I thought AM went far too central.

For the last fifteen minutes he had no left mid in front of him as we made substitutions to put an extra body up front. At times he was pushing on to come in late on the back post, then in the next breath he was charging back to help cover.

Great game, solid left back

49 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Thank god I have your permission to disagree because I bloody well do.

10 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Agree that AM played very narrow, especially from kick-outs from Steele.  I'm sure this was to plan, and when fit and on form, his covering of Flint is exemplary.  He and an under-par Paterson had a couple of bright interplays around the half hour mark, but I feel he was playing within himself, easing himself back to fitness.  I'm sure the 'hammer' is both physical and mental at the mo'.  I saw enough in his loan spell to think he is very accomplished at this level when on-song.  Taylor Moore was positive going forward when he came on, which is another plus for the squad.

11 hours ago, Snufflelufagus said:

Pleased for him today had a solid game. He is certainly a better defender than Bryan but not as good going forward. It does mean if he does play bryan could also play in a more advanced role. He hardly gives the ball away and think now he certainly deserves to keep his place for a run in the team.

Yeah solid game. For me...Goldborne would suit a 4-4-2 formation more so then the one we play. He is a solid left back.

I think we lose something going forward when he starts. We don't look the attacking threat we do when Bryan starts  

4 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Steady and solid seem to be the adjectives, but Joe Bryan undoubtedly offers us much more going forward.  Golbourne doesn't do too much in 'the final third' which is fine if you are not asking him to, but sometimes attacking moves on the left get bogged down because of his involvement.

Im guessing that you haven't scrolled through this thread?

Archived