IGNORED

Gate figure v Hull ?

cidered abroad

• Admin
48 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Stoke v Hull in the last round = 10,550

10 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Fulham v Bristol City in the previous round - 6,017.

I think doubling that isn't bad.

I suppose when it is put into perspective it actually isn't that bad a crowd

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If this game was the usual £30-40 you'd have a point.  Everyone has their own individual circumstances to think about of course, but in broad terms, affordability cannot be used as an excuse for a game costing £12.  You can't go to Bristol Zoo for £12.  That's exceptionally good value and I'd expect more than 11,000 people to want to watch a game of football for that price in a city the size of Bristol.

Frankly I think 11,000 is a pathetic figure.  I understand that the league is the priority, but it feels to me like the balance of priority between league and cup games has now swung far too far towards the league.  The cups are capable of great drama, extra time, penalties, and the excitement of waiting to see who you get in the next round if you win.  They give us a realistic opportunity of coming up against the likes of United, Arsenal and Chelsea - games we can only dream about at the moment.  Probably our greatest victory in the last 30 years came in the cup.  The prize on Tuesday is a place in the last 8, and most likely a big-name, perhaps in our newly redeveloped stadium.  And if we don't get the big name tie, it's an even better chance of making the semis!  It's an exciting prize on offer for one game of football.

When was the last time we reached this stage of a major cup?  I just cannot get my head around the lack of enthusiasm - especially at £12 each.

Ditto, my thoughts also!

I have found some of the league games a bit drab and cagey but the cup it's a one off game that should bring a different dimension to the match with hopefully more attacking intent by both sides with an atttactive quarter final on offer

heres hoping anyway 

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If this game was the usual £30-40 you'd have a point.  Everyone has their own individual circumstances to think about of course, but in broad terms, affordability cannot be used as an excuse for a game costing £12.  You can't go to Bristol Zoo for £12.  That's exceptionally good value and I'd expect more than 11,000 people to want to watch a game of football for that price in a city the size of Bristol.

Frankly I think 11,000 is a pathetic figure.  I understand that the league is the priority, but it feels to me like the balance of priority between league and cup games has now swung far too far towards the league.  The cups are capable of great drama, extra time, penalties, and the excitement of waiting to see who you get in the next round if you win.  They give us a realistic opportunity of coming up against the likes of United, Arsenal and Chelsea - games we can only dream about at the moment.  Probably our greatest victory in the last 30 years came in the cup.  The prize on Tuesday is a place in the last 8, and most likely a big-name, perhaps in our newly redeveloped stadium.  And if we don't get the big name tie, it's an even better chance of making the semis!  It's an exciting prize on offer for one game of football.

When was the last time we reached this stage of a major cup?  I just cannot get my head around the lack of enthusiasm - especially at £12 each.

How is Bristol Zoo like watching a football match.

What are you trying to say??

Uncle TFR

15 minutes ago, Big C said:

We are also beating the attendance figure from the last time we made it this far

Both have Tigers on display...?

Does Bristol Zoo still have Tigers..? They don't have half the animals they used too. It's pretty shite really. 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Both have Tigers on display...?

Does Bristol Zoo still have Tigers..? They don't have half the animals they used too. It's pretty shite really. 

I can't be arsed checking, so I will say no about the Tigers.

I know Wendy was the last ephelump. Did you hear the story of how you get a dead elephant out of a zoo without the kids getting upset ................

:shocking:

Not sure you are ready for the TRUTH.

Uncle TFR

I suppose our crowd base has grown but mainly in terms of ST holders, many of whom are floaters and/or new fans with a spare bob or two, who want to secure a seat for when the promotion to the big time comes.  

That is my opinion based on some who i know who fall into that category. 

If this game is not part of the ST package, then we are falling back on our traditional fan base from the last 25 years which would mean 11k is about right.  Still think we'll get to around 13-14k which all things considered isn't great but isn't too horrific either. 

31 minutes ago, Nongazeuse said:

Can't login to the Bristol Sport site and can't get through on the telephone either  - maybe the attendance will be even lower than expected at this rate.

Just got through on the phone to a real person - the whole ticketing system is down so can't buy either on-line or by phone.

Something to do with the payment side which is affecting other web sites as well.

Might be back later today or this evening....

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Usually you'd have a point, but it's only £13. The last home game (for most) was only a tenner and we only have one home game coming up in November. 

I don't think money can be used as a valid reason for the vast majority. Many managed Newcastle & Villa in a week..! 

Again...people these days prioritise games they can afford. I know people who prioeritised Cardiff and QPR...and they arnt going tomorrow night.

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Prem money has ruined the league cup, big teams don't care for it anymore, they barely do for th FA cup. They generally field weaker teams, making their fans less interested, and our own. Then it gets progressively worse & worse :facepalm:

Looking at it positively, ticket sales in the lower bowl only + night atmosphere + cup (knock out) game + genuine chance of an upset + POTD + handful of dedicated Hull fans... should = 14-15K attendance + a good night! 

I will be there with + 2 from Hampshire and I also watched Fulham away in the previous round (which was a great night despite the relatively low attendance). If we do get past Hull, do they still reward those that attend early rounds with priority if we finally get a big name next round??

27 minutes ago, hantsred said:

Looking at it positively, ticket sales in the lower bowl only + night atmosphere + cup (knock out) game + genuine chance of an upset + POTD + handful of dedicated Hull fans... should = 14-15K attendance + a good night! 

I will be there with + 2 from Hampshire and I also watched Fulham away in the previous round (which was a great night despite the relatively low attendance). If we do get past Hull, do they still reward those that attend early rounds with priority if we finally get a big name next round??

They really should be tempting a few undecided fans with a "ticket stub gives you priority for next round" announcement, imho. 

STH + ticket stub v Hull = first dibs. 

Member + stub = second. 

STH only & ticket stub only = Third. 

Imho. 

2 hours ago, Taxi for Rennie said:

I can't be arsed checking, so I will say no about the Tigers.

I know Wendy was the last ephelump. Did you hear the story of how you get a dead elephant out of a zoo without the kids getting upset ................

:shocking:

Not sure you are ready for the TRUTH.

Uncle TFR

Portion it up and put it in the freezer for the,erm,Tigers.........??

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

They really should be tempting a few undecided fans with a "ticket stub gives you priority for next round" announcement, imho. 

Member + stub = second. 

Imho. 

Sorry, what's the difference twixt ! & 3 ? (Don't say 2 .)

23 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Member + stub = second. 

Imho. 

So I've paid for a season ticket but am working tommorow night and can't make it but you think someone paying £13 and £10 for a membership should be given priority over ST holders for a potential quarter final?

Archived