IGNORED

Elephant in the room

Marina's Rolls Royce

7 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

I suppose its within the realm's that he doesn't know that this issue exists,and is pissing people off..or that its an area he is placing faith that others are/or will get right-lets face it,he's a pretty busy guy who doesn't likely read any of this!

My assumption would be that SL doesn't read the forum at all unless something is brought to his attention.

I however expect that there is tracking software on the website for failed logins, uncompleted purchases etc. as these are the obvious metrics and the way of assessing the quality of the software and of teh support people handling it.  They must all be flashing red.

An obvious way to follow this is for people doing the telephone sales (who in my all experiences handle calls in an efficient and friendly manner) to ask why people weren't using the online system.  If 99% of responses were "because it doesn't work properly" then it would get sorted.  Hopefully.

1 hour ago, jellyred said:

I've been trying all morning and I understand it is the payment provider rather than CIty but I checked my bank account and bloody worldpay or whoever they are have reserved the money for the tickets out of my account even though the transaction didn't go through! Going to take three days for the money to go back according to city. Whilst I shouldn't be put off by this I am, completely. I've supported and watched city for god knows how long and this would have been my first match since getting seriously ill last January so I was really up for going. Looks like I won't be going at all now as I have no money left in my account. Worldpay w@nk3rs.

Have just checked my credit card account, and I now have two pending amounts of £12 from this morning's failed attempts. (Was asked to try again and made the mistake of doing it).They could have put a message about the outage on the website but didn't. They could and should have had contingency plans but haven't. They could have taken the service down but they didn't. Looks like I'm going to have to try and sort this out tomorrow. No point blaming suppliers - BS have outsourced this important work and have no plan B. Unlikely that I'll get there now.

Unprofressional shower.

40 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

they couldn't manage 2000 potd 38000 and you'd be queueing until xmas

Cash and turnstiles vs Liverpool I recall.

Certainly at that match people weren't queuing until after half-time like I did at the Bradford match, which I recall was about 13,500 and around 1000 POTD wanting to get in from 2:20pm.... and this is called 'progress'.

I don;t even understand why we cannot do ticketing in house, why pay for outside software and payment processing. Surely we can set p our own electronic transfers (bet Lansdown & Hargreaves have one set up for all their financial trading without relying on a third party). Ticketing systems are so numerous, surely one could have found off the shelf that we could have gotten up and running.

Come on City, get your act together!

We coped perfectly well with larger crowds than we get, or could get, today with turnstiles and cash.

I don't hold Luddite views against modern technology but when they deliver a worst service than 60 years ago there is something definitely wrong

Having operated a public service system coping with far higher numbers than City I can vouch for the greater effectiveness of doing it in-house

Hoping for swift improvement

21 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

Don't worry, I hear someone has invented something called 'money' and a contraption called a 'turnstile'. Claims that we could do around 38,000 transactions in an hour at Ashton Gate. 

What a plonker eh! 

Good old Harry Dolman  innovated auto counting turnstiles, didn't invent money but knew how to make it. :) 

18 hours ago, SARJ said:

I miss the days of having an actual physical ticket office. A usually friendly human to speak to who could understand any issues and serve you quickly. Gone are the days.

Believe it or not, a ticket office was missed off the original stadium plans and only came to light at the beginning of the season!

18 hours ago, SARJ said:

I miss the days of having an actual physical ticket office. A usually friendly human to speak to who could understand any issues and serve you quickly. Gone are the days.

I completely agree. The trouble is that this is a substantial extra cost to our club and should really be unnecessary these days.

I'm all for slick internet ticket sales or prompt and easy telephone purchase providing they are indeed slick, prompt and easy. My experience is anything but. I finally got my tickets on the 4th call but also had to wait 6 minutes for my call to be answered with similar waiting time on the previous three. On the basis that the match will be one of the least attended this season, you can only guess what would be happening if we had drawn Chelsea/Arsenal etc.

18 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I'm all for slick internet ticket sales or prompt and easy telephone purchase providing they are indeed slick, prompt and easy. My experience is anything but. I finally got my tickets on the 4th call but also had to wait 6 minutes for my call to be answered with similar waiting time on the previous three. On the basis that the match will be one of the least attended this season, you can only guess what would be happening if we had drawn Chelsea/Arsenal etc.

My experience exactly. After trouble with the on-line system yesterday, a 10 minute wait for the phone this morning the agent final offered me the choice of having a go on-line again, or doing it there and then on the phone, subject to a £1 booking fee. Priceless. BS need to take responsibility for their chosen suppliers rather than palming off blame, communicate better and show a bit of customer service. None of this was in evidence yesterday and today. Guess they think we're captive customers and they don't need to try too hard.

If there was a generic issue with the payment provider (YesPay), there's not a lot City can do about it.

its similar to when the ATM networks go down, you can't blame an individual Bank - well, you can, but you know what I mean.

Agree with the ticket stuff under our control though.

Archived