IGNORED

The Walking Dead - SPOILERS

Robbored

• Admin
3 hours ago, Mayes86 said:

Gotta be honest that was quite horrific viewing. When negen gets killed (whenever that may be) it will be one of the worst deaths imaginable I think.

Was thinking the same thing, looks like the series is going to go off on a different path now - not all just about zombies.

I did wonder what the point of the writers having Glen survive midway through the last series, then kill him off now seemed odd - it's almost like they changed writers mid season

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Was thinking the same thing, looks like the series is going to go off on a different path now - not all just about zombies.

I did wonder what the point of the writers having Glen survive midway through the last series, then kill him off now seemed odd - it's almost like they changed writers mid season

I think it was more to do with how he dies in the comics (especially with his eye popping out). My wife was distraught she loved Glenn. 

I think we'll see psycho Rick make a come back later in the series though.

Big fan of the Walking Dead, and after recent seasons being a bit disappointing, I had a bad feeling about this episode being just a "oh this is who died and that's it".

But wow, what a opener to Season 7, gripping stuff, very dark, couldn't take my eyes off the screen. After Abraham got it I couldn't see another death but BANG, poor old Glenn. The bit with Rick and the hatchet with his son's arm was also very tense.

Looking forward to seeing this Rasta guy with the pet tiger from the adverts now.

Glenn's death has to be the most horrific thing ever shown on a network television drama (haven't seen any of G.O.T so unsure if this tops it).

His shattered face, swollen head, hanging eyeball looked insanely realistic (not that I've ever seen those things in real life, mind you), and left me utterly stunned.  What an incredible first episode.

5 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

It was just too dark for me. A step too far and I didn't enjoy it one bit. Maybe because I've got attached to the characters and have a bit more hope for humanity should this sort of thing ever happen. 

totally agree - it was gratuitous for the sake of it - the show was about zombies once and quite entertaining in its own way - that was just violence for violence sake

2 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Glenn's death has to be the most horrific thing ever shown on a network television drama (haven't seen any of G.O.T so unsure if this tops it).

His shattered face, swollen head, hanging eyeball looked insanely realistic (not that I've ever seen those things in real life, mind you), and left me utterly stunned.  What an incredible first episode.

Prince Oberyns death in GoT was more horrific. In my opinion of course.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan (Neegan) nailed the role last night. Funnily enough he was not even first choice to play Neegan, until he turned up to the audition. He wowed the casting crew and was given the part like that. I think this series will focus less on zombies but more on the uprising of the Militia. It's just a case if the storyline with Neegan will last one season, or two.

4 hours ago, Markman said:

totally agree - it was gratuitous for the sake of it - the show was about zombies once and quite entertaining in its own way - that was just violence for violence sake

Yeah I agree too. Me and the gf have really enjoyed it up to now and couldn't wait for this series but if it continues in that vein we're not sure we're going to bother. I have no problems with violent shows/games/films, and I feel like in the last series they were the right side of the line - it was violent but it was in context and had a point, we felt like that episode was just kind of OTT and were in fact rather bored for part of it!

violence aside (which I am sure most of us can accept when relevant) why on earth would Neegan waste his time on Rick's motley crew? They offer his army nothing - he would have just wiped the lot out being the mad-man he is - that is why I was not keen - they just went for cheap sadistic violence which was weak - anyway - Episode 2 may move forward

39 minutes ago, Markman said:

violence aside (which I am sure most of us can accept when relevant) why on earth would Neegan waste his time on Rick's motley crew? They offer his army nothing - he would have just wiped the lot out being the mad-man he is - that is why I was not keen - they just went for cheap sadistic violence which was weak - anyway - Episode 2 may move forward

I guess they want food and things while they ride around after Neegan who looks like he'd just watched Mad Max before the apocalypse hit. I agree it's odd though as chances are a group who have survived that long are unlikely to just submit long term as it's not how they've survived so far.

The blokes standing around carrying chainsaws must have got bloody tired too, they left in the middle of the night and then it was the middle of the day before they were back and everyone was still just starting there! he's going to have a very tired and cranky goon squad if he's not careful.

9 hours ago, IAmNick said:

Yeah I agree too. Me and the gf have really enjoyed it up to now and couldn't wait for this series but if it continues in that vein we're not sure we're going to bother. I have no problems with violent shows/games/films, and I feel like in the last series they were the right side of the line - it was violent but it was in context and had a point, we felt like that episode was just kind of OTT and were in fact rather bored for part of it!

Personally I enjoyed Monday night's show, found it extremely gripping stuff, but can certainly see your side as well. If I'm honest I did find the excessive head mashing with the bat a bit OTT/un-neccessary.

I do miss the days when survival against the zombies was the main thesis of the series; it's why Seasons 1 & 2 were my faves. As the series progress it's more about different survivalist groups fighting each other and less about the undead.

20 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

It was just too dark for me. A step too far and I didn't enjoy it one bit. Maybe because I've got attached to the characters and have a bit more hope for humanity should this sort of thing ever happen. 

Welcome to the human race. We are not a nice species.

Uncle TFR

P.S. Apart from Alan Walsh - he's lovely.

4 hours ago, IAmNick said:

The blokes standing around carrying chainsaws must have got bloody tired too, they left in the middle of the night and then it was the middle of the day before they were back and everyone was still just starting there! he's going to have a very tired and cranky goon squad if he's not careful.

:laugh: - that was funny!

On 25/10/2016 at 14:05, Dollymarie said:

It won't ever happen Dolls but if it did the Walking Dead reflects humanity as it is now. 

If anyone watched the Talking Dead afterwards the writers were on the show and said that they follow the comics as closely as they can but allow a little "dramatic license" at times time.

The show is going in a different direction in this series with Rick as a broken man and Negan the leader.

On 26/10/2016 at 08:21, Markman said:

Rick's motley crew did cowardly murder a lot of Negans crew as they slept in the previous season. For me that episode was a lot worse than this one. I reckon Negan was slightly annoyed about that and took his revenge 

• Admin
1 hour ago, KeithWelch'sTash said:

Rick's motley crew did cowardly murder a lot of Negans crew as they slept in the previous season. For me that episode was a lot worse than this one. I reckon Negan was slightly annoyed about that and took his revenge 

Eye for an eye - literally !

Agree with JJT above. Zombies alone got old after a season or 2. The thing that keeps the show going is the dramas within the group, and other groups they cross paths with. Chuck a few mega villains in for good measure (governor / negan). 

The fact there could always be a zombie (or full hoard) round the corner just adds to excitement 

Archived