IGNORED

More traffic chaos in South Bristol - 10 months of it!

Dollymarie

I'm allowed to cry looking at the below images yes?

As if Hartcliffe Way wasn't bad enough already. Nobody wants the stupid bloody metrobus, and the next bit of it starts in January. We've already had over 2 years of Bristol Water digging the place up, they've just about finished, and now this. :grr:

IMG_0737.JPG

IMG_0738.JPG

My route to and from matches absolutely shafted., and all for a bus that nobody wants and nobody wants to run. Don't anyone tell me this council isn't anti motorist!! This metrobus scheme has caused problems for years and if it ever gets finished, it still won't serve where I live. Where's me pills nurse???

Did they not dig all that up only a couple of years ago, narrowed the road, and added a cycle lane that no one uses for a few hundred thousand £. Now they are going to rip up the cycle lane and add a bus lane that will get used by how many buses a hour ?

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

As if Hartcliffe Way wasn't bad enough already. Nobody wants the stupid bloody metrobus, and the next bit of it starts in January. We've already had over 2 years of Bristol Water digging the place up, they've just about finished, and now this. :grr:

IMG_0737.JPG

IMG_0738.JPG

So All cars and vans going to Hartcliffe will drive up Novers Hill and down Novers Lane, passing close to two schools in a clearly residential area that in other parts of the city would have speed restrictions and residents parking zones, you couldn't make this up, one decent snow fall and there will be chaos, one or two car/van breakdowns ditto.

If they have estimated  10 months, it will take 14, still not to worry, the mayor has been to New York, which is where he probably got the idea for gridlock from.

9 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

So All cars and vans going to Hartcliffe will drive up Novers Hill and down Novers Lane, passing close to two schools in a clearly residential area that in other parts of the city would have speed restrictions and residents parking zones, you couldn't make this up, one decent snow fall and there will be chaos, one or two car/van breakdowns ditto.

If they have estimated  10 months, it will take 14, still not to worry, the mayor has been to New York, which is where he probably got the idea for gridlock from.

it's also a narrow road in places not really suitable for heavy traffic

The ******* idiot council have agreed they can move the crossing further away from parson street school. 

And all these changes were certified without notifying the school at all, let alone asking their input.

we want a bus, that's it. Forget the kids safety we don't care.

Someone needs shooting

Complete pri*cks. 

5 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

IMG_0737.JPG

IMG_0738.JPG

That looks like part of Lee Johnson's powerpoint presentation Dolls.

5 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

IMG_0737.JPG

IMG_0738.JPG

You're allowed to cry if you want to Dolly,.. as long as you don't breakdown on a narrow part of those diversions!

5 hours ago, Fiale said:

Did they not dig all that up only a couple of years ago, narrowed the road, and added a cycle lane that no one uses for a few hundred thousand £. Now they are going to rip up the cycle lane and add a bus lane that will get used by how many buses a hour ?

The ironic thing is, is that when the new link road opens, traffic on Hartcliffe Way will be greatly reduced anyway, making a bus lane unnecessary,

Living around the Parson Street gyratory, with kids at Parson St school, this is going to be a nightmare. I feel sorry for people who need to travel by car to matches or commute through the area, it is going to be horrendous.

One upside is that the new road will be open by then, so if you are coming in on the A38, or want to take a long diversion then you can cut out Parson St and Winterstoke Rd altogether. 

6 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Can you visit mine instead?  She likely lives closer to you than she does to me.

Actually if your in Keynsham your closer to mine than me, so if your passing just pop in and say hello, she may keep you a while she likes a good gossip.

May take you a bit of time on Hartcliffe way though.

2 minutes ago, cidercity said:

Actually if your in Keynsham your closer to mine than me, so if your passing just pop in and say hello, she may keep you a while she likes a good gossip.

May take you a bit of time on Hartcliffe way though.

Get her to set up a tea and coffee stall in the area. She will make a fortune from all the passing(??) traffic.

Seriously we need to know the true cost of this to our rates bills. As Fiale said above; there was chaos here before when the seldom used cycle lane was installed. And the council are always pleading poverty. Three words you never see in the same sentence with regard to Bristol are...traffic...moving...freely!

24 minutes ago, marmite said:

Seriously we need to know the true cost of this to our rates bills. As Fiale said above; there was chaos here before when the seldom used cycle lane was installed. And the council are always pleading poverty. Three words you never see in the same sentence with regard to Bristol are...traffic...moving...freely!

And the words "new arena opens"!!

I think some of you are taking a very short sighted view of this.

Assuming they can find someone to run the service - and they haven't yet.

It is only 200 million quid (estimated) - and that could save up to 2 minutes on a journey from somewhere you don't want to be to somewhere you don't want to visit.

AND it won't be cheap to use.

With a deal like that, I struggle to understand the negativity surround the project. 

On 01/11/2016 at 16:52, Dollymarie said:

IMG_0737.JPG

IMG_0738.JPG

Dolls Bristol Water and others must have a least 3 years digging up the road by miners again and again and again and again and again , it was nothing short of a scandal,  but they got away with it because it was in a part of Bristol where people just get on with it and don't make a fuss.

Getting back to the Hartcliffe Way, they must open the South Bristol link road before this work is allowed to be carried out other wise I'm going to a Boris and lay down in front of the bulldozers.

1 hour ago, bs3 said:

Dolls Bristol Water and others must have a least 3 years digging up the road by miners again and again and again and again and again , it was nothing short of a scandal,  but they got away with it because it was in a part of Bristol where people just get on with it and don't make a fuss.

It wasn't quite three years, only just about 2, but was supposed to only take 8 weeks! And rest assured I was making a fuss, I had a gert big hole outside my house for all that time!

Archived