IGNORED

King Korey the undroppable

Londoner

Not anymore. Completely and utterly anonymous (apart from their goal of course). Yes GON made mistakes tonight but he was getting his foot on the ball and at least in the game.

At this point, Korey doesn't belong in the first xi....I know those who see him as god will now no doubt call me a **** etc but Bobby did more in 5 touches than Smith did tonight.

Mistakes happen....being so utterly anonymous etc not good enough

3 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Not anymore. Completely and utterly anonymous (apart from their goal of course). Yes GON made mistakes tonight but he was getting his foot on the ball and at least in the game.

At this point, Korey doesn't belong in the first xi....I know those who see him as god will now no doubt call me a **** etc but Bobby did more in 5 touches than Smith did tonight.

Yeah one bad game and he is shit. So typical OTIB

5 minutes ago, Londoner said:

He is still finding his feet after 6 months out was mom on his first game back v Blackburn and only a few games since.

he is our best player imo... no god but a fantastic player at this level.

It seems to me like LJ is trying to keep everyone happy and it is not working. Bobby Reid was the best player on the pitch v Hull and then doesn't get a start in the next 2 games. Madness. Likewise Gustav showed enough against Hull to be having some game time up top with Tammy. Tammy up front on his own just isn't working.

2 minutes ago, Nomad said:

It seems to me like LJ is trying to keep everyone happy and it is not working. Bobby Reid was the best player on the pitch v Hull and then doesn't get a start in the next 2 games. Madness. Likewise Gustav showed enough against Hull to be having some game time up top with Tammy. Tammy up front on his own just isn't working.

Not just this....EVERY Brighton player knew their job today....how are our players supposed to when the shape is changing every week and 2/3 times a match!

As for Bobby he has been a threat and creative danger, must be starting over Korey atmATM

14 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Well Bobby didn't really do anything with his five touches, so Korey must've been pretty awful

2 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Exactly! Kind of!!

Take outs from the game today for me at least

Everyone knows about Tammy. However it is not the boys fault he is not getting balls into him (One today by Bobby Reid)

The idea of 4231 is flawed. You either have Korey our GON not both. It diminishes our attacking threat and as witnessed today leaves us pumping high balls to Tammy or asking Lee Tomlin to produce a piece of magic to drag us back from the inevitable goal down

ROD is rightly number two, but nothing he could do about the second. If a player cuts in you block the shot, not dangle a foot and turn away...You watch them they blocked anything coming at goal and goddam meant it.

LJ said we lacked height today prematch...Yep they won everything in the air 3 against one in their own area and won all second ball by being first in the tackle.

We were weak all over the field compared to them and movement, dont make me laugh we played like statues.

No width....Only Tomlin to create anything....weak in the tackle and relying on mistakes to get a goal....

LJ's first real test here. We neeed width and someone to help Tammy. We need more power to win balls and give Tomlin a chance AND WE NEED TO STOP CONCEDING BLOODY STUPID FIRST GOALS 

8 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Well Bobby didn't really do anything with his five touches, so Korey must've been pretty awful

Not sure thats true...The only Time Abraham had a sniff was from a Reed throughball, or am I mistaken?

However as much as I like Reed wish he was bigger!

I said it after Cardiff and again this week in the build up. Smith and GON can't play together. They're the same player. The stand 5 yards from one another passing to each other and the two CBs. I would never ever drop Reid. I think he's been our best player this year outside of Tammy. I would see what we get from Pack and Reid. Were overusing GON IMO anyway. As someone stated, it seems LJ is trying to keep everyone happy but we need consistency. We've won a few game recently but our performances aren't getting better and they've dropped from the first few games. 

24 minutes ago, Londoner said:

The guy has been consistently excellent for over two seasons at this club. Without question he is a Championship standard midfielder. Yet one poor game and you declare him "not good enough".

Exactly the sort of reactionary nonsense we have to put up with on here after every disappointing result. I despair sometimes.

Tbf everyone is real quick to defend Korey. He wasn't very good tonight and that fine. He has been out awhile and the last two years he's been great but that is what it is, the past. Great season in L1 and looked our best player last season for large stretches but we have a completely different squad now and he's not fitting in quite the same as he did before. Part of that is tactics and who he's in the team with but he needs to get back up to speed quick. He's gotten a starting place back over someone who shouldn't have been dropped for him in Reid so I do expect better from Korey because we've all seen better. 

The first goal was the fault of Korey (who's not played well since returning from injury, including the 'motm performance' against Blackburn).

Can someone honestly tell me what he's offered the team since returning from injury in comparison to O'Neil, pack and Reid?

I do think he's a very good footballer but he shouldn't be in the team at the moment as he's clearly not fit, whereas our form players like Reid and pack are getting overlooked, why?

Korey and O'Neil are too similar, they're both good at the 10 yard simple pass backwards and sideways, but they don't offer the range of passing that someone like pack does.

Yes, pack and Reid misplace passes when passing 'forwards' but at least they try to make things happen by passing through the lines.

The irony is that the players that used to get slated for 10 yard backwards and sideways passes like the Lee johnsons and kilkennys are no different to what we've currently got playing.

Get pack and/or Reid in the team with 1 of O'Neil/Korey!

38 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Tbf everyone is real quick to defend Korey. He wasn't very good tonight and that fine. He has been out awhile and the last two years he's been great but that is what it is, the past. Great season in L1 and looked our best player last season for large stretches but we have a completely different squad now and he's not fitting in quite the same as he did before. Part of that is tactics and who he's in the team with but he needs to get back up to speed quick. He's gotten a starting place back over someone who shouldn't have been dropped for him in Reid so I do expect better from Korey because we've all seen better. 

Part of it is tactics………….but its also possibly playing himself back in to the pace and physicality of first team football after a major break from the game…….don't you think?  Give the guy a break for f s

10 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Part of it is tactics………….but its also possibly playing himself back in to the pace and physicality of first team football after a major break from the game…….don't you think?  Give the guy a break for f s

Well if he isn't ready then he shouldn't be playing. We've heard it about Matthews and others. If he's playing I expect it to be at his top level. Everyone is allowed to have a bad game and I'm not slating him for tonight I'm just saying he gets a lot of slack from supporters because of past appearances. We need him to be at his best now. Anyway, he is just back in after months out so maybe we should be bringing him along a bit more slowly to help him. 

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The guy has been consistently excellent for over two seasons at this club. Without question he is a Championship standard midfielder. Yet one poor game and you declare him "not good enough".

Exactly the sort of reactionary nonsense we have to put up with on here after every disappointing result. I despair sometimes.

Not sure anyone is saying Korey is not good enough as that is obviously horse manure

BUT KS and GON starting is not our best way forward I suggest and without doubt KS is still not back to his best.

GON is unlikely to make the season then KS will get his chance to nail down his place or just be better than GON all week and force the manager to pick him but both starting not for me

Korey great in the past, but he's not been to great so far this season - and we have dropped Pack (who was playing well and in a winning(ish) team) to cater for him.... strange someone brings up his MOM award as we all had a good laugh at the time because it was obviously given to him as a "welcome back" award. Any way, Pack, GON, Korey - just one of them please alongside Reid.

I don't think he and Gary O'neil play well together. They were both taking up similar positions and seem similar types of players.  A few have suggested it's worth trying Korey at right back and if Matthews is not in LJ's good books and still struggling with fitness then it's worth considering. Sadly, Mark Little is out of his depth at this level and Smith with his defensive qualities and ability on the ball might be the answer.   I gather he has played there before so the position isn't completely alien to him.    A run in the team would bring him back to his best but there are players ahead of him for both the attacking and defensive midfield role right now.

Smith, O'Neil and Pack are all droppable . They're also good Championship midfield players . But playing 2 of those 3 from the start makes us predictable . Tomlin is also becoming predictable and is congesting the centre of the park even more . 

Bit of a test for our manager coming up , but I'm sure he'll sort it out, although I'm suprised he's not seen the problem earlier. 

I thought Brighton were the best team we've played this season, very strong defensively and as someone said earlier it seemed as if they had 15 players. 

We have not played well for ages, poor displays at C'diff, QPR and Barnsley, and poor at home today and against Blackburn, throw in the 2 goal start against Hull as well, LJ needs to decide who his best eleven is and stick with it instead of trying to be clever and making five changes every game

43 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Not sure anyone is saying Korey is not good enough as that is obviously horse manure

BUT KS and GON starting is not our best way forward I suggest and without doubt KS is still not back to his best.

GON is unlikely to make the season then KS will get his chance to nail down his place or just be better than GON all week and force the manager to pick him but both starting not for me

The first post used the exact words "not good enough"! And 9 people have endorsed that view by liking it!

I agree with you though, I'm not certain about GON and KS together.

11 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The first post used the exact words "not good enough"! And 9 people have endorsed that view by liking it!

I agree with you though, I'm not certain about GON and KS together.

My point was that today "he wasn't good enough". Rather have GON in than Korey on currently form

Archived