IGNORED

Reality

Red Army 75

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

We were beat tonight by IMO a very good side . City huffed and puffed but not good enough tonight. But some of the comments I heard tonight were pathetic. People need a reality check we are a work in progress . 

Work in progress maybe but we gifted them 2 goals when we were in control

3 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

We were beat tonight by IMO a very good side . City huffed and puffed but not good enough tonight. But some of the comments I heard tonight were pathetic. People need a reality check we are a work in progress . 

Work in progress or not, we should expect to get the basics right most of the time. They looked like a team of plumbers and chippys . 

5 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Work in progress maybe but we gifted them 2 goals when we were in control

3 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Work in progress or not, we should expect to get the basics right most of the time. They looked like a team of plumbers and chippys . 

This is the really frustrating bit for me also. I don't expect us to play like Barcelona from day 1 but I'd like to think we would stop conceding soft goals. Brighton were brilliant defensively today and LJ is right, defensive discipline like that is a bench mark we are a way off yet.

2 minutes ago, CheddarReds said:

This is the really frustrating bit for me also. I don't expect us to play like Barcelona from day 1 but I'd like to think we would stop conceding soft goals. Brighton were brilliant defensively today and LJ is right, defensive discipline like that is a bench mark we are a way off yet.

It's not the goals that worried me most today. The inability to string 3 passes together when it was easy to pass to a team mate in space and giving the ball away needlessly is infuriating . 

9 minutes ago, charisma_cider said:

Gifted? Sidwell scored the goal of his career with a masterstroke of a finish. Hardly a gift. 

Exactly. How often do we see players dispossessed in the middle of the pitch? Happens all the time. How often does it result in a goal from over 40 yards? Hardly ever. We hardly served the goal up on a plate.

18 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Don't be silly coming on here with your sense and realism. OTIB has decided that we've been found out, everyone is shit and we're going to get relegated.

4 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Brightons first goal was class .  Ye we gave the ball away . But if that was us scoring that goal everyone would be obviously ecstatic. Great goal

We would be ecstatic and asking what the hell their keeper was doing to be beat from there... but thanks for the goal, ha ha, ha ha  or something along those lines.

2 minutes ago, Fiale said:

We would be ecstatic and asking what the hell their keeper was doing to be beat from there... but thanks for the goal, ha ha, ha ha  or something along those lines.

How many times midfielders lose the ball is constant. How many times is the keeper lobbed from 40 odd yards .

What bothers me is that we've become quite a boring team. We were boring against Cardiff, we were boring against Blackburn, we were boring tonight. If I'd shelled out top whack for tonight's performance, I'd have been very disappointed. Maybe it's my memory deceiving me but I remember when I used to sit in the Atyeo, almost every week was full of drama and excitement. I don't recall us creating one clear-cut chance tonight.

4 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

What bothers me is that we've become quite a boring team. We were boring against Cardiff, we were boring against Blackburn, we were boring tonight. If I'd shelled out top whack for tonight's performance, I'd have been very disappointed. Maybe it's my memory deceiving me but I remember when I used to sit in the Atyeo, almost every week was full of drama and excitement. I don't recall us creating one clear-cut chance tonight.

When did u sit in the atyeo. I've been watching city for 35 years. When we won the title a couple of years ago.  That was drama and excitement . Besides that it really hasn't been that much exciting 

5 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

I'm sorry you were bored tonight.  I wasn't.  I saw us try hard against a very good side, and I thought we came out of the second half with credit.  Brighton had the best defence I've seen at the gate for years, and no disgrace for us to lose to them by two goals.  I certainly thought they were better than Hull.

However, I agree with the OP that there was an unpleasant and negative atmosphere there tonight which I really didn't enjoy.  In block D of the Dolman a young woman had a real go at a loudmouth who had been giving it nothing but negativity right from the kick-off and good for her!  People need to lighten up and enjoy the experience, rather than expect us to beat all comers.   

4 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I'm sorry you were bored tonight.  I wasn't.  I saw us try hard against a very good side, and I thought we came out of the second half with credit.  Brighton had the best defence I've seen at the gate for years, and no disgrace for us to lose to them by two goals.  I certainly thought they were better than Hull.

However, I agree with the OP that there was an unpleasant and negative atmosphere there tonight which I really didn't enjoy.  In block D of the Dolman a young woman had a real go at a loudmouth who had been giving it nothing but negativity right from the kick-off and good for her!  People need to lighten up and enjoy the experience, rather than expect us to beat all comers.   

Even against the best teams, you'd expect to have a couple of chances though

6 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

When did u sit in the atyeo. I've been watching city for 35 years. When we won the title a couple of years ago.  That was drama and excitement . Besides that it really hasn't been that much exciting 

I sat in the Atyeo a lot over the last 10 or 15 years. You could always rely on us rallying in the last 20 minutes if nothing else. Albert, Scotty etc. 

Archived