IGNORED

Time to work with what we've got?

Eddie Notgetinya

Clearly modern football at the top end is now focussed on players being fully interchangeable (Barca,Liverpool etc) but, as we all know, the Championship is a very tough, physical league that shifts the emphasis more towards playing percentages football - for example put in 10 decent crosses and you should score at least 1 goal.

I favour that old school approach with lightning quick flair players on the wing beating the full back and putting the ball in the mixer, our problem is, only Bryan can really do that. For me a right winger that fits this criteria is essential for us in January.

So, until January LJ needs to work with what he's got. Conte has worked wonders switching to a 4-3-3 at Chelsea, and Cotterill did an excellent job recruiting league 1 players to fit our 5-3-2. 

Question is,what do we do? I'd like to see a forward set up a bit like this:

Reid   Pack   Bryan

Tomlin 

Abraham    Engvall

Thoughts?

Been saying we need a proper winger for awhile now. Think we need a right footed winger badly. I'm a believer in Callum O'Dowda on the left side just think he needs a run of games to really show what he's got. Draws loads of fouls, stays wide, has pace and skill. So I'd like to see more of him and a right footed winger. 

3 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Been saying we need a proper winger for awhile now. Think we need a right footed winger badly. I'm a believer in Callum O'Dowda on the left side just think he needs a run of games to really show what he's got. Draws loads of fouls, stays wide, has pace and skill. So I'd like to see more of him and a right footed winger. 

Someone like Nathan Dyer on loan might be good. Quick, tricky and direct. Right footed. Experienced in the premier league but not playing for Swansea. 

Archived