IGNORED

Trevor Tainton

cider head

The most underrated player in our rise to the top league.

Never looked out of place playing against the top teams in the country. And very rarely did he give the ball away.

With him and Gerry in our midfield we always looked strong. Just a shame he didn't shoot more,he could hit a ball!!

Good luck Trevor hope you recover.

40 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Never looked out of place playing against the top teams in the country. And very rarely did he give the ball away.

With him and Gerry in our midfield we always looked strong. Just a shame he didn't shoot more,he could hit a ball!!

This.

Once saw him score a real cracker at Highbury in a 4-1 defeat.

Started work as an apprentice for BDR (working with my old man) and someone who in my eyes is definitely a City legend.

Get well soon, Trev.

13 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

I echo these sentiments.

Unsung heroes like Trevor Tainton are the ones who allow others to have the limelight.

TT was the cement that held that team together.

Get well soon Trev.

I played adozen or so games with Trevor in my youth and his latter days for imperial Bristol in the mid/late 80s.  A true gent, who loved playing.  His father used to come to watch him play too.

Just did the simple things well...underrated.

Fortunately these days heart attacks do not spell doom as they used to especially if treated quickly.  Nowadays you can have stents fitted, artificial heart valves, pacemakers, heart bypasses (single, double, treble and even quadruple these days) and lots more.  Nowadays, most will make a pretty full recovery.  Whilst a heart attack is not nice, there are a lot worse things that can happen (e.g. Gerry Gow - RIP Gerry).  I'm sure Trevor will be as good as new in a short time and enjoying life again for another few decades.  Get well soon Taints.

Archived