IGNORED

FAN meeting 28th November

Dollymarie

Hi all,

The next FAN meeting is Monday the 28th of November. 

If there are any items you would like to put forward for discussion then please add them to this thread, and I will do my best to get queries answered.

Please remember we have the Q and A section if you have things that Mark Kelly might be able to answer instead. 

There are a few items already on the agenda.

a) Shop ticket sales – is this going to happen soon? Acceptance of deliveries – shop appears best place for visitors/deliverers.  Liaise with Coffee Shop & Sports Bar – possibly open Sports bar with available staff

b) Wi-Fi – is this now working, if so, in what areas?

2. Matchday Experience

a) Lighting in Winterstoke Road entrance – very dim area around the statue/ticket office/bar

b) Half-time queues in South Stand – seem to be getting longer

c) Exiting South Stand – noticeable cramped effect

3. Club Kit 2017/18 – result of consultation

4. FAN membership and attendance record

(if we could keep this thread on topic I'd be very grateful as it makes it easier for questions to be pulled out :) )

Using the example of the cost of football survey, why are the majority of our away tickets priced above the average premier league away ticket price. Cap or not cap that is disgraceful. £20 for away fans is a must (even if they are the cheapest in the ground) to show this club values away fans, as the way it treats the away fans of other clubs is a reflection of how it sees our own fans surely!

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

Hi all,

The next FAN meeting is Monday the 28th of November. 

If there are any items you would like to put forward for discussion then please add them to this thread, and I will do my best to get queries answered.

Please remember we have the Q and A section if you have things that Mark Kelly might be able to answer instead. 

There are a few items already on the agenda.

a) Shop ticket sales – is this going to happen soon? Acceptance of deliveries – shop appears best place for visitors/deliverers.  Liaise with Coffee Shop & Sports Bar – possibly open Sports bar with available staff

b) Wi-Fi – is this now working, if so, in what areas?

2. Matchday Experience

a) Lighting in Winterstoke Road entrance – very dim area around the statue/ticket office/bar

b) Half-time queues in South Stand – seem to be getting longer

c) Exiting South Stand – noticeable cramped effect

3. Club Kit 2017/18 – result of consultation

4. FAN membership and attendance record

(if we could keep this thread on topic I'd be very grateful as it makes it easier for questions to be pulled out :) )

I think all the questions in bold could be answered by Mark Kelly.

Think FAN is an opportunity to ask bigger 'macro' questions rather than smaller housekeeping type ones above as it doesn't come around that often.. issues like pricing (20's plenty), kit, how the club plan to promote tickets to break attendance records, establish the SLO situation (who it is and how they are going to do it), what the club is doing in the community and plans going forward, any discussion on the future of the home fans in the Atyeo etc would be more useful things to discuss

I would be interested in the clubs attitude towards camera placements given their position for the Brighton match? Should we ever progress to the top table, surely the Lansdown upper will be opened so what becomes of the cameras? Personally, I would be a bit cheesed off if I paid top dollar for the upper tier only to have a camera platform stuck in the way when there's a perfectly good TV gantry at the back.

Secondly, and I think I know the answer is 'no', is there anything else that can be done to speed up the egress from the Upper East stand after games as it still takes forever to get out of there? There doesn't seem to be anything obvious but I'm sure the club are aware of the problem.

21 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

I would be interested in the clubs attitude towards camera placements given their position for the Brighton match? Should we ever progress to the top table, surely the Lansdown upper will be opened so what becomes of the cameras? Personally, I would be a bit cheesed off if I paid top dollar for the upper tier only to have a camera platform stuck in the way when there's a perfectly good TV gantry at the back.

Secondly, and I think I know the answer is 'no', is there anything else that can be done to speed up the egress from the Upper East stand after games as it still takes forever to get out of there? There doesn't seem to be anything obvious but I'm sure the club are aware of the problem.

Maybe my memory playing tricks but I thought there were plans to make exits at the top rear ala iron fire escape type stairs down the back of the Dolman. Also, they could allow exiting at the front along the walkway. Both would ease the congestion on the current exits that we all have to shuffle to.

5 minutes ago, redysteadygo said:

Maybe my memory playing tricks but I thought there were plans to make exits at the top rear ala iron fire escape type stairs down the back of the Dolman. Also, they could allow exiting at the front along the walkway. Both would ease the congestion on the current exits that we all have to shuffle to.

Maybe RSG but weren't those 'fire escape' stairs mentioned when they were going to put boxes at the back?

The only idea I had was to close off the concourses for 10 minutes after the whistle. West standers go out of the West stand, South standers out of the South and we go out of the Dolman. I think the problem is fans going in different direction causes the Dolman to back up. If we didn't have the 'traffic' in the concourse, those that wanted to get straight out would do so more quickly. 

Only an idea.

• Admin
40 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

@8menhadadream I thought I read that they only used certain spaces as the areas were empty of people

9 hours ago, spudski said:

Can we get an 'official' response from the Club, as to why they won't change or recognise the 1894 date of the club forming please Dolly.

Yes I would like to know the answer to this question too. If the club don't recognise the dates, they're also saying they don't recognise the parent club.

3 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

I would like to know if the plans for a memorial garden at Ashton Gate is still on. Nothing of any great size really, just an area where ashes could be scattered and a bench  or two for quiet remembrance at a place the person loved to be.

Yes please ,  I CAN AMAGINE THERE ARE MANY LONG RUNNING SUPPORTERS wanting that  in the new Marina Dolman way behind the LANDSDOWN STAND

Will the club remove references to 'As seen in The Sun' from any pasty based advertising?

Don't really care if they are a 3rd party vendor or not.

To start with, no one if going to think.. 'I'm going to spend thirty quid on a football ticket to then spend money on a pasty because the sun said it was nice'

Secondly, you only sell one brand of pasty. Seen in the Sun or not, it isn't as if we need telling, and it isn't as if we are going to buy something else as it's that or nothing.

Thirdly. I'm currently buying nothing on the basis that I choose not to associate my spend with anything 'associated' with that rag. 

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Just gonna bump this seeing as the meeting is Monday...

The items in this thread have been sent to the club. Some of those items will be discussed on Monday, the others have been responded to by the club and I will post those written responses after mondays meeting :) 

The campaign for safe standing is now firmly on the agenda with EPL.

So my question is what is the clubs official stane on this matter.( I guess we are in favour but it would be good to confirm this)

If the law is changed and safe standing is allowed would we still be in a position at AG to install these seats.

And where in the ground would we have them, my choice would be in the block behind the goal in the South Stand.

18 minutes ago, bs3 said:

The campaign for safe standing is now firmly on the agenda with EPL.

So my question is what is the clubs official stane on this matter.( I guess we are in favour but it would be good to confirm this)

If the law is changed and safe standing is allowed would we still be in a position at AG to install these seats.

And where in the ground would we have them, my choice would be in the block behind the goal in the South Stand.

It was supposed to be part of the South Stand and the lower Dolman

Archived