IGNORED

Misheard song lyrics

Major Isewater

I found myself singing the John Foxx eighties hit ' Underpass ' this morning but have always sung ' underpants ' ! 

I also thought Sting's  ' Fields of Gold ' was a but hot with the line 

" feel her body rise when you kiss her muff " 

Sadly I misheard these lyrics but they always make me smile . I also avoid both tunes at Karaoke nights :blink:

Can you add any amusing misheard lyrics ? 

Well i used to think that Bruce Springsteen's Born to Run contained the line "tramps like us, baby we were born to run" which i thought should of been "chance like us, baby we were born to run" and i was clearly mishearing it....well turns out i was wrong, yet right all along and it is tramps.

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I found myself singing the John Foxx eighties hit ' Underpass ' this morning but have always sung ' underpants ' ! 

I also thought Sting's  ' Fields of Gold ' was a but hot with the line 

" feel her body rise when you kiss her muff " 

Sadly I misheard these lyrics but they always make me smile . I also avoid both tunes at Karaoke nights :blink:

Can you add any amusing misheard lyrics ? 

I'll just leave this here... funny as...

Oh god I mishear stuff in songs all the time. 

I'll just leave this one here :D 

Plus I can't hear Beyonces "Crazy in love" without hearing the line "Sammi Hyypia save me right now" (enjoy the video or just skip to 59 seconds and it's just after that)

Don't get me started. I could post a bunch of them!

As a kid, I couldn't understand the meaning of the Beatles song "Take the black rider". I heard it many times before realising it was "Paperback writer".

In "Purple Haze" people have discussed for man years whether Jimi Hendrix  sang "Scuse me while I kiss the sky" or was it "Scuse me while I kiss this guy". 43 seconds in to the link below.

6 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Oh god I mishear stuff in songs all the time. 

I'll just leave this one here :D 

Where has this been all of my life?

I mean, we all know that the Circle of Life starts with a good old bit of Arsene Wenger but never had an inkling about the others!

How about this one then for probably 50years .... I believed that 'someone in the grate somewhere hears every word'

As in an imaginary little leprechaun type person sat by the fire earwigging ... :laugh:

It honestly not been that long since I realised my mistake .....  anyway here's The Bachelors from way back when singing a lovely little song called I Believe ..... (I believe they made me into a paranoid little chap who never felt alone in the living room, and always kept the poker handy just in case... :) )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcYFbg1r99g

The Kinks  ... Apeman (1969/70)

One line that created debate among classmates was...

"the air pollution is *mucking up my eyes...'' 

It wouldn't raise an eyebrow nowadays of course but back then there was great excitement with the possibility of an *f word in the lyrics, it was alas just * 'mucking'..  Great song though.

Twenty years after the song Into The Valley by Scottish New Wavers The Skids entered the charts, I finally found out what "More than a slow go" meant. You'll hear it a few times throughout the song. 

Richard Jobson might well be singing "Boy , man and soldier" but to me it'll always be 'More than a slow go.'

https://youtu.be/ 6sDKdwpnXVI

File this alongside Desmond Dekker's My Ears Are Alight.

2 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

Twenty years after the song Into The Valley by Scottish New Wavers The Skids entered the charts, I finally found out what "More than a slow go" meant. You'll hear it a few times throughout the song. 

Richard Jobson might well be singing "Boy , man and soldier" but to me it'll always be 'More than a slow go.'

https://youtu.be/ 6sDKdwpnXVI

File this alongside Desmond Dekker's My Ears Are Alight.

Desmond Dekker's classic was 

" my flies are alight " for me .

One closer to home from the Fulham matchday thread (apologies to the writer for resurrecting this - sorry):

Apologies if it has already been mentioned, but a chant at the game yesterday I hadn't heard before and really couldn't understand what the words were, to me it sounded like...

"ee-ore is an asslicker, ee-ore is an asslicker" etc

Anyone care to shed some light?

The song actually was - "Ooooh arr it's a massacre"  

2 hours ago, City Rocker said:

Not a song lyric, but Dave Allen's confusion with the liturgy at funerals made I laugh.

In the name of the Father and of the Son, into the hole he goes!

Dave Allen, now there's a blast from the past. My Dad was never a great tv watcher, and even less of a comedy watcher but he did like Dave Allen, Alf Garnet and Mike Yarwood. He was quite a religious man was my Dad, and I was very, very young but i realised it was a very odd mix for him to like.

I'm straying off the subject, so to get back on track Desmond Dekker already mentioned was 'my ears are alight' and I seriously thought Keane's 'Bedshaped' was Bed Shed, only corrected when my kids caught me singing it!

Archived