IGNORED

Brilliant advertising and club marketing

class_not_gas

35 minutes ago, class_not_gas said:

I don't know who is in charge advertising and marketing at the club , but whoever thought to put this on the 45 bus service to Cadbury Heath is very clever , gave me a right old smile 

IMG_2331.JPG

IMG_2332.JPG

It won't worry the banjo gas,they can't read and only see the colour blue.

49 minutes ago, class_not_gas said:

I don't know who is in charge advertising and marketing at the club , but whoever thought to put this on the 45 bus service to Cadbury Heath is very clever , gave me a right old smile 

IMG_2331.JPG

IMG_2332.JPG

The people of Bristol will think they can sit anywhere in the ground for £21, they will have a shock

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I wonder why it took the club so long to use public transport for advertising. It's not exactly an original idea after all.

Maybe it was the bus company prices that were prohibitive.

Possibly economies of scale if Bristol Sport are also booking rugby advertising (as per Temple Meads).

Off topic but regarding winter buses.... ( mobile germ infested saunas, steamed up to the max with all windows firmly shut ensuring few sneeze / cough propelled cold and flu germs escape... who needs fresh air when you can mix and share the sweaty body odours and breath of 50+ strangers all steaming away in a glorious broth of f cu k knows what diseases? Get yer day riders here, and f'king die! )

Am I the only one who can't understand why people would prefer to sit in a miserable steamy swamp (as long as they stay warm) rather that let a bit of fresh ( but cooler ) air in by opening a window and demisting and de bugging the whole f'ing germ infested filthy cesspit of transported misery?

Coughs and sneezes spread diseases .... its like everyone appears to not give a shit about that anymore, buses in wintertime are worse than sitting in a packed doctors waiting room on a Monday morning.

Oh what joy!

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's a terrible company. Shame more British cities don't have underground trains or trams. When I've spent time in Spain they're so useful, fast, cheap and reliable.

I'd love a tube system in Bristol.

With regards to First, there needs to be an actual competitor to them, they are just lazy. I detest them but it's my only way to work. They were on the recieving end of a strongly worded tweet a few weeks ago when 0 busses arrived in 45 minutes- a time frame where 4 should have been and gone from that stop- the time period being from 5.45- 6.30 am, so it's not even like there was much (read: any) traffic at that time! This was just a day or two after they raised the prices, citing service improvements as the lead reason. 

Since then the only busses that I've been on which have actually been on time are the ones that I get on at the very start of the route, and even some of those are late!

9 hours ago, City Rocker said:

Having grown up not too far from there in the 70s and 80s, I would contest it is not 'gas land', never has been, and never will be.

I grew up in Filton in the 70s and 80s, which is not to far away and the vast majority of  the lads at my school were gas.

i actually meant that when the bus left Bradley Stoke its route would take it along Filton Avenue.

1 hour ago, BSRED said:

I grew up in Filton in the 70s and 80s, which is not to far away and the vast majority of  the lads at my school were gas.

i actually meant that when the bus left Bradley Stoke its route would take it along Filton Avenue.

I reckon South Glos is about 50/50 regarding ourselves and the 15ers, these days.

The last 15 years being a major reason for this.

16 hours ago, Robbored said:

I wonder why it took the club so long to use public transport for advertising. It's not exactly an original idea after all.

Maybe it was the bus company prices that were prohibitive.

It is indeed eye wateringly expensive.

And it's not really like a shiny new innovative product. I'd love to know the stats on how many people decide to attend a football game because they saw it advertised on the side of a bus, but I imagine they make grim reading. 

5 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

It is indeed eye wateringly expensive.

And it's not really like a shiny new innovative product. I'd love to know the stats on how many people decide to attend a football game because they saw it advertised on the side of a bus, but I imagine they make grim reading. 

Any idea how much a bus advertisement costs?

Just wondering if we could have a bit of fun with it.

2 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

I reckon South Glos is about 50/50 regarding ourselves and the 15ers, these days.

The last 15 years being a major reason for this.

I grew up in Kingswood, and always knew more City than Gas both at school and after. Some Gas pubs (Archers), but equally City (Cobblers), and some both. My local was the Flowerpot, with Gas in the Bar and City in the Lounge (more sophisticated you see!!).  

Archived