IGNORED

A good news story about Bristol Sport for a change

Dollymarie

So I am posting this on behalf of my friend who has just put the following on Facebook. Credit to @Mkelly and the events team at Ashton Gate. 

So a couple of months back, we booked our NICU Christmas party through Office Events Ltd. Everyone paid their full amounts (£46) and the venue decided upon Ashton Gate. All was well until a week ago when the company emailed us saying they were ceasing trading with immediate effect - but they would have passed our deposits on to our venue. After getting in touch with Ashton Gate, they told us they'd never received any money for our Xmas party, therefore we'd have to pay again. However, due to the generosity of those at Ashton Gate, the Xmas party is going ahead without us having to pay a single penny - they are doing it for us for free. This has made a lot of drs and nurses very happy! Thank you Ashton Gate for such kindness 

Happy bloody Christmas people :) 

I'll add another one (and I'll keep on banging on about this). Everywhere I go in the City and surrounding areas I see Bristol City shirts. The free shirts with junior season tickets was a master stroke. Many of the boys who got the free shirt have also got the away shirt (many more after Xmas I'd imagine). The only real opposition in terms of kits is a few Gas shirts in their heartlands and bizarrely Barcelona! Liverpool and Man Utd have been well beaten.

I hope the club will consider extending this offer to older kids next season - The City is ours.

47 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Bravo! Worthy of front page coverage in the Post. 

Apart from the farcical matcday ticket arrangements and lack of tables in the concourses, personally, I think there's a lot we need to be thankful for with Bristol Sport! 

Lack of tables in the concourses isn't Bristol Sport's fault.

5 minutes ago, G Block said:

Lack of tables in the concourses isn't Bristol Sport's fault.

Who's is it out of interest? Bizarre you can have bins- which despite the sloping tops you can just about balance a drink on while munching a pasty - but no tables.

22 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

I'll add another one (and I'll keep on banging on about this). Everywhere I go in the City and surrounding areas I see Bristol City shirts. The free shirts with junior season tickets was a master stroke. Many of the boys who got the free shirt have also got the away shirt (many more after Xmas I'd imagine). The only real opposition in terms of kits is a few Gas shirts in their heartlands and bizarrely Barcelona! Liverpool and Man Utd have been well beaten.

I hope the club will consider extending this offer to older kids next season - The City is ours.

I've really noticed this lately. Not so much City shirts, but more the red Bristol Sport jumpers. Either I never noticed it before or we're really ramping up our levels of youth recruitment.

1 hour ago, Moor2Sea said:

Who's is it out of interest? Bizarre you can have bins- which despite the sloping tops you can just about balance a drink on while munching a pasty - but no tables.

They have tables in the concourse in upper Lansdown, they are built into the dead space of the sloped support pillars

IMG_20161022_144136.jpg

35 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fair play...but a bit dramatic to include "...for a change" in the thread title...Bristol Sport doesn't get any criticism that isn't wholly justified from what I've read and heard. And that criticism isn't too excessive anyway...

I was more aiming that at those who are only negative about stuff :) 

Archived