IGNORED

Black Friday Offer

Donkeeebles

3 minutes ago, Donkeeebles said:

A good offer of half price BCFC and Bristol Rugby away shirts,great I thought, I'll buy 2 (One each for me and daughter) 

Turns out you can buy the rugby shirt online but not the football shirt (In store only) 

Does anyone have any idea why? 

Because City

Yeah they've executed this offer terribly.

They released the offer on the Thursday but didn't make it available making us 'customers' energised and excited but then not being able to do anything. If they release the offer it should be with an 'early entry' offer or something.

They then didn't update the website with the price or make it available and then changed the terms of the offer half way through the day.

Absolutely terrible. I work in marketing and these days you plan for Black Friday months in advance and get everything together weeks in advance so for us to offer 1 product as the promotion and then execute the sales channels so badly is embarrassing.

I went up to the shop and could only find our shirt in XS or XXXL or XXXXL. I wasn't happy and thought I'd have to pop down again when a lovely bloke came over and asked me if I'd like him to go out back and find my size. Very good service from a busy store. Thought I'd mention it as they don't get a lot of praise so when they do something well they deserve it.

There were other city fans in the shop that mentioned they weren't there for the game but just popped down to get the shirt. The rugby fans treated us very well.

I'd love a job in their marketing department I'd sort it all out!!

25 minutes ago, DavidNoble said:

Yeah they've executed this offer terribly.

They released the offer on the Thursday but didn't make it available making us 'customers' energised and excited but then not being able to do anything. If they release the offer it should be with an 'early entry' offer or something.

They then didn't update the website with the price or make it available and then changed the terms of the offer half way through the day.

Absolutely terrible. I work in marketing and these days you plan for Black Friday months in advance and get everything together weeks in advance so for us to offer 1 product as the promotion and then execute the sales channels so badly is embarrassing.

I went up to the shop and could only find our shirt in XS or XXXL or XXXXL. I wasn't happy and thought I'd have to pop down again when a lovely bloke came over and asked me if I'd like him to go out back and find my size. Very good service from a busy store. Thought I'd mention it as they don't get a lot of praise so when they do something well they deserve it.

There were other city fans in the shop that mentioned they weren't there for the game but just popped down to get the shirt. The rugby fans treated us very well.

I'd love a job in their marketing department I'd sort it all out!!

Tell me about it, they're infuriating!

Just so frustrating once again....will we ever be 'on-line savvy' ???!!!

It's quite sad in 2016 that we are so far behind.

I tried to buy a ticket on-line today for a future fixture and I kept getting the message 'you have exceeded your ticket limitation' - what the hell does that mean?! I'm a season ticket holder but I can't buy more tickets for games?!

Re: Away shirt in store only. The offer for football has been extremely popular since going on sale at 5pm on Thursday and we have very limited stock left on site, hence why it has gone in store only now. The reason Rugby is still online as well as in store is because there is plenty of stock remaining. 

Re: ticket for future games. Can you clarify which game this is for. I'm guessing that it's for a match that is currently only on "Forever Bristol member" sale. If you want further clarification, email supporterservices@bristol-sport.co.uk and we'll investigate. 

Regards

Adam

So therefore those city fans who don't live in bristol or cant get down to the ground this weekend wont be able to get this black friday offer as they cant order it online which is a shame as im sure there is plenty of city fans who would have took up this offer! Oh well i guess its the clubs loss as they will be losing out on the money that they would have got from this great deal!

I managed to get mine in the nick of time by the look of it.

However I do think they could improve the shop hugely. I've been trying to get two age 12 zip up training tops for about a month now and they've been out of stock the whole time. I've been into the shop, and continually looked online and they haven't had any delivered. That's £80 of business they're missing out on from me alone.... I'm sure it would run into several thousands if you added up all the people who are in the same position as me for various different bits of kit. Hopefully there will be a long awaited delivery before Christmas so we can all get the things we want and the club can make the money from it. 

I apprecite the club won't get everything right, and most things at AG are as well run as I can ever remember at the moment. I can't help but feel that someone with decent retail experience could get that shop sorted and make the club thousands though. 

Wow, just caught up with this...

Sounds like another cluster fxxk of a promotion from our retailing behemoth.

@DavidNoble you're correct a day like Black Friday has to be planned perfectly as it's worth far too much to retail these days. 

I set about my team preparing for Friday to Monday the day after last years trading and as a result it's our busiest ever; +400% LFL and over 17M transactions and it's still not slowing up....I'm still here in my busiest store (hence only just catching up) and I'm likely to miss the game as a result.

Savvy marketing and a slick trading platform could easily grow our brand and bring in the cash....This saga however won't. 

There's plenty of people who support our club(s) who have the expertise and experience to fix who by the virtue of being a supporter would do it for free. 

30 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

@DavidNoble you're correct a day like Black Friday has to be planned perfectly as it's worth far too much to retail these days. 

I set about my team preparing for Friday to Monday the day after last years trading and as a result it's our busiest ever; +400% LFL and over 17M transactions and it's still not slowing up....I'm still here in my busiest store (hence only just catching up) and I'm likely to miss the game as a result.

Savvy marketing and a slick trading platform could easily grow our brand and bring in the cash....This saga however won't. 

There's plenty of people who support our club(s) who have the expertise and experience to fix who by the virtue of being a supporter would do it for free. 

It feels like they only just remembered it was Black Friday last minute and didn't adequately prepare. 

In my opinion the club have always seemed reluctant to pool expertise from our supporters.. I've never seen any examples of the club asking for it anyway. Feels like they'd rather keep it all in house. There are so many aspects of the club that could potentially be improved by fans with expertise in different areas coming in as unofficial consultants. I find it hard to believe we've got no fans with knowledge of sound engineering who could help with the PA system for example. Seems strange when there's an upwards of 40,000 people who might call themselves 'Bristol city fans' and would assist for free. 

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Just so frustrating once again....will we ever be 'on-line savvy' ???!!!

It's quite sad in 2016 that we are so far behind.

I tried to buy a ticket on-line today for a future fixture and I kept getting the message 'you have exceeded your ticket limitation' - what the hell does that mean?! I'm a season ticket holder but I can't buy more tickets for games?!

Are they on general sale for that game yet? 

If not, then that will be why. 

26 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It feels like they only just remembered it was Black Friday last minute and didn't adequately prepare. 

In my opinion the club have always seemed reluctant to pool expertise from our supporters.. I've never seen any examples of the club asking for it anyway. Feels like they'd rather keep it all in house. There are so many aspects of the club that could potentially be improved by fans with expertise in different areas coming in as unofficial consultants. I find it hard to believe we've got no fans with knowledge of sound engineering who could help with the PA system for example. Seems strange when there's an upwards of 40,000 people who might call themselves 'Bristol city fans' and would assist for free. 

To be fair @Phileas Fogg we've probably got a few decent right backs in the fanbase too! 

It does sound like we have a desperate "challenge" when it comes to our merchandising - online and in store. 

25 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

To be fair @Phileas Fogg we've probably got a few decent right backs in the fanbase too! 

It does sound like we have a desperate "challenge" when it comes to our merchandising - online and in store. 

I think we've probably got lots of skilled and talented people from a variety of spectrums' that the club could use. Shop/merchandising needs a bit of guidance though I think, some really good initiatives (free kids shirts with season tickets) could be added to. A bit more organisation and visibility with promotions would be good.

I ordered mine Thursday evening and was all pretty straight forward really. 

I guess what makes it hard with stock is that if all online orders are dispatched from the club shop (I'm guessing) then if stock gets low then having people order online and in shop there would be a risk online orders couldn't be fulfilled. 

Agree that it isn't a great situation though

When did Black Friday become a 'thing' in this country, utter madness.

22 hours ago, Charliesboots said:

So all the 'super cheap' deals make a lot of money for the retailer, what a surprise.

A large percentage of the population really are just consumerist mugs.

I despair.

10 hours ago, RumRed said:

So all the 'super cheap' deals make a lot of money for the retailer, what a surprise.

I despair.

I agree to the point of it becoming a 'thing' it's completely screwed up the standard retailing model operated in this country for decades however things evolve and we've got to go through it. 

As for the point of making money, well that's a consequence of trading be it electronic goods or coal if someone wants it then you make money from it.

Our modern economy is based on the service industry of which retail forms a part, Iike it or not millions of people are employed in that industry therefore contribute into the pot and I'd say it would be a lot bleaker if that pot was smaller. 

7 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

I agree to the point of it becoming a 'thing' it's completely screwed up the standard retailing model operated in this country for decades however things evolve and we've got to go through it. 

As for the point of making money, well that's a consequence of trading be it electronic goods or coal if someone wants it then you make money from it.

Our modern economy is based on the service industry of which retail forms a part, Iike it or not millions of people are employed in that industry therefore contribute into the pot and I'd say it would be a lot bleaker if that pot was smaller. 

Oh totally agree it's necessary to the economy, I just hate the falseness of sales and deadlines nowadays.  Especially when it's just taken from the states as an arbitrary date that's meaningless here.

On ‎27‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 06:22, RumRed said:

I despair.

I've been despairing since the mid eighties.

Archived