IGNORED

Bristol transport

AshtonGreat

11 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Haha yeah, good point. It's like the third world

Not going to disagree with you there and that's after recently visiting India!

Difference being that whilst the roads in India are ridiculously overcrowded, they're atleast trying to do something about it, in particular in Delhi where they're in the process of building their 3rd metro line.

Our city is crying out for a metro system to ease congestion like other major cities in this country...and I don't mean metro bloody bus!

2 hours ago, Leroyfromthestart said:

Not going to disagree with you there and that's after recently visiting India!

Difference being that whilst the roads in India are ridiculously overcrowded, they're atleast trying to do something about it, in particular in Delhi where they're in the process of building their 3rd metro line.

Our city is crying out for a metro system to ease congestion like other major cities in this country...and I don't mean metro bloody bus!

The trouble with Bristol is its not exactly geographically flat.. and that's where some of the trouble comes from.  We've also got councillors who rather than start building a light railway/tram solution with govement money decide to spunk it all on a pointless guided bus system despite the fact that pretty much every previous system of that nature in the UK has failed.

We need rid of the transport team at the council.. that would be a start.  Can't wait till they annouce Prince Street bridge is remaining closed..

13 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

The trouble with Bristol is its not exactly geographically flat.. and that's where some of the trouble comes from.  We've also got councillors who rather than start building a light railway/tram solution with govement money decide to spunk it all on a pointless guided bus system despite the fact that pretty much every previous system of that nature in the UK has failed.

We need rid of the transport team at the council.. that would be a start.  Can't wait till they annouce Prince Street bridge is remaining closed..

The council can do what they want yet the same clowns will continue to be elected, along with the other unqualified numpties that stand - Then of course we have the political non entity Marvin, who only got votes because of the party his rosset represents.

3 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

The council can do what they want yet the same clowns will continue to be elected, along with the other unqualified numpties that stand - Then of course we have the political non entity Marvin, who only got votes because of the party his rosset represents.

Not for me. He got elected because he wasn't George.

53 minutes ago, Big Red Rich said:

I used to use the Severn Beach to BTM line and that was excellent. My route cost £6 per week into Clifton Down. No fuel cost, no parking, just a £6 p/w commute - brilliant. I've also always found the Portway P&R decent as well. Worst Bus however is a whole different ball game...

Hopefully see the portway P&R linked to the Severn Beach line in a few years time 

Archived