IGNORED

No Brett Pitman as Ipswich announce team for Saturday

Never to the dark side

1 hour ago, Hampshire reds said:

Expects a good reception and would relish  scoring against us. and he says he wants a good  reception. only my opinion what is he on. not from me after that comment. keep it to yourself Cole

Tbf he did compliment the club and spoke well of SL as well, but saying he'd relish netting against City seemed a bit uncalled for.

He only scored an average of 1 per season for City, so very unlikely to happen anyway.

21 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Tbf he did compliment the club and spoke well of SL as well, but saying he'd relish netting against City seemed a bit uncalled for.

He only scored an average of 1 per season for City, so a very unlikely to happen anyway.

A Bristol Boy, if he scores fair play to him. may shut up a few of the haters always gave his best for US.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Just had a look at Ipswich tweets, Pitman's just coming back from injury and could feature for their u.23's on Monday

Cole Skuse gives a short interview, saying he expects a good reception and he'd 'relish' scoring against City.

I'm happy for him to have a consolation goal.

Taken totally out of context...Skuse said he's an Ipswich player and will do anything for a result. He'd relish scoring...not because it's against Bristol City perse, but because he doesn't score very often. Funny what certain people WANT to read into interviews...especially considering it was an interview for Ipswich FC.

Have often spoken to Cole when he was knocking about in Yate and at games. He's got nothing but good things to say about City as a whole...obviously there will be individuals that irk, but that happens in all work places.

2 hours ago, spudski said:

Taken totally out of context...Skuse said he's an Ipswich player and will do anything for a result. He'd relish scoring...not because it's against Bristol City perse, but because he doesn't score very often. Funny what certain people WANT to read into interviews...especially considering it was an interview for Ipswich FC.

Have often spoken to Cole when he was knocking about in Yate and at games. He's got nothing but good things to say about City as a whole...obviously there will be individuals that irk, but that happens in all work places.

The bloke is a bona-fide City fan FFS. Some of the comments on this thread are embarrassing :facepalm:

Big things were expected when we took Pitman from Bournemouth but it hasn't really worked out as some would have liked.    The player is one of a few we possess in attacking formations that perform few and far between.     While the team has "improved" in the recent weeks, finding goals is still very much a problem.   I look at potential names that can be available in any one game, Sears, McGoldrick, Varney, Pitman, even Ward, and all aren't producing as they should.    The void left by Murphy is evident to all, and there will be talk about bringing in a new target man in the January window, but our owner isn't the quickest to act when actions need to be taken.

Hope for a fair game at the weekend with minimal referee intervention.    We have players that have the ability to achieve, but often not the inclination.

7 minutes ago, Southend Blue said:

Big things were expected when we took Pitman from Bournemouth but it hasn't really worked out as some would have liked.    The player is one of a few we possess in attacking formations that perform few and far between.     While the team has "improved" in the recent weeks, finding goals is still very much a problem.   I look at potential names that can be available in any one game, Sears, McGoldrick, Varney, Pitman, even Ward, and all aren't producing as they should.    The void left by Murphy is evident to all, and there will be talk about bringing in a new target man in the January window, but our owner isn't the quickest to act when actions need to be taken.

Hope for a fair game at the weekend with minimal referee intervention.    We have players that have the ability to achieve, but often not the inclination.

Brett Pitmans dog didn't like the grass in Bristol. Brett Pitmans dog really likes the grass in Bournemouth. Brett Pitman is only happy when his dog is happy. One can only assume the grass in Ipswich is much like the grass in Bristol  :disapointed2se:

18 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Is it just me? But do teams really announce their final team line ups on a Thursday before an important game two days later?!

That struck me as odd too. Do they now have to stick to that lineup? I guess not as the team sheet still has to be handed in on Saturday and that could say something completely different. It doesn`t seem very `professional` to me unless it`s all part of the mind games. It`s one thing saying who`s travelling/not travelling with the squad but quite another to name the starting side. 

We only found out yesterday that Joe was suspended and most of us would only get about 8 of our starting side right now TBH.

4 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

That struck me as odd too. Do they now have to stick to that lineup? I guess not as the team sheet still has to be handed in on Saturday and that could say something completely different. It doesn`t seem very `professional` to me unless it`s all part of the mind games. It`s one thing saying who`s travelling/not travelling with the squad but quite another to name the starting side. 

We only found out yesterday that Joe was suspended and most of us would only get about 8 of our starting side right now TBH.

Local tv news here in East Anglia reported Ipswich keeping same team announcement as a sort of good thing.

Shows naievety on part of manager in my opinion.

Lee may well adjust City accordingly

3 hours ago, petehinton said:

I'm city through and through, love the club with every fibre in my being. 

But if I was a pro footballer and scored against City at the gate I would do about 3 laps of the pitch, finger to the lips all the way around. Without hesitation. 

I wouldn't celebrate against City.

Archived