IGNORED

Anyone knows how Carlos Anton is faring?

bristolcitysweden

6 minutes ago, cynic said:

You saying Tinnion managed him out ?

No...it was BT who bought him to the Club and wanted him to stay...he was gutted when he left. Who do you think it was...? Think big ego, and who brought in his henchmen in to act as 'Bouncers' in the Academy.

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

No...it was BT who bought him to the Club and wanted him to stay...he was gutted when he left. Who do you think it was...? Think big ego, and who brought in his henchmen in to act as 'Bouncers' in the Academy.

SO'D?

3 minutes ago, cynic said:

I didn't think it would be Tinnion.

But I don't see why SC would think Anton was a threat - probably more that he didn't trust him.

Don't know who the bouncers were - certainly not Wade Elliott.

Trust me on this one fella...he felt threatened by him. Pretty much from the horses mouth. Made his life hell.  CA knows more about development football in his little finger than ol flared ego does about anything in modern football.

WE left because he wanted more say in who was being brought into the academy. That was one of the reasons anyway. Hence ending up as assistant coach at FGR's academy.

Can't remember the name of the two bouncers SC brought in from previous clubs he'd worked with.

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

Trust me on this one fella...he felt threatened by him. Pretty much from the horses mouth. Made his life hell.  CA knows more about development football in his little finger than ol flared ego does about anything in modern football.

WE left because he wanted more say in who was being brought into the academy. That was one of the reasons anyway. Hence ending up as assistant coach at FGR's academy.

Can't remember the name of the two bouncers SC brought in from previous clubs he'd worked with.

Some guys from B'mouth

Shaun Brooks and Paul Groves

RE: Anton, I remember hearing at the time that his departure was partly because he was too tough with the players and expected too much. Parents complained and he left under a bit of a cloud.

Shame because I liked the idea of us having some ideas from abroad in our coaching.

Is that just the narrative the club wanted to know then @spudski

34 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Shaun Brooks and Paul Groves

RE: Anton, I remember hearing at the time that his departure was partly because he was too tough with the players and expected too much. Parents complained and he left under a bit of a cloud.

Shame because I liked the idea of us having some ideas from abroad in our coaching.

Is that just the narrative the club wanted to know then @spudski

Yes he did change things...made it more inline with what he was used to abroad. More discipline, more willingness to learn. More flexibility. Bit of a shock to the system for a few, who couldn't handle it. Wanted to play where they thought they were best, rather than listening to an expert. A lot of these kids and parents needed a kick up the backside. Stick a BCFC tracksuit on em and they think they've made it. Strutting about like Kanye west. He took no prisoners. Told it like it was...but in a good way. Really started to make a difference and 'people' were taking notice...hence the episode to his eventual leaving....Shame.

40 minutes ago, spudski said:

Yes he did change things...made it more inline with what he was used to abroad. More discipline, more willingness to learn. More flexibility. Bit of a shock to the system for a few, who couldn't handle it. Wanted to play where they thought they were best, rather than listening to an expert. A lot of these kids and parents needed a kick up the backside. Stick a BCFC tracksuit on em and they think they've made it. Strutting about like Kanye west. He took no prisoners. Told it like it was...but in a good way. Really started to make a difference and 'people' were taking notice...hence the episode to his eventual leaving....Shame.

Stop licking his asshole. Evidently he's not as good as you're making him out to be, he's managing in the Spanish third division, is that even full time?

9 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

Stop licking his asshole. Evidently he's not as good as you're making him out to be, he's managing in the Spanish third division, is that even full time?

Is he...? I suggest you get your facts right before handing out insults. Anyone can read a website that's out of date. And before you go slating managers in the lower divisions of Spanish football I suggest you know bugger all about the standard over there.

He's a development manager/coach. That's his forte. Not managing men's football.

Evidently...you know nothing, yet feel confident enough to make an arse of yourself ;-)

9 hours ago, Robin1988 said:

I would imagine the truth is somewhere between Spudksi's slightly bias anti-SC view and Anton not being as fantastic as he thought.

Nothing to do with me disliking SC...it's the truth and has no bearing on what I've said. The reason I dislike SC is because of these type of actions whilst at the club and at other prior to us.

27 minutes ago, spudski said:

Nothing to do with me disliking SC...it's the truth and has no bearing on what I've said. The reason I dislike SC is because of these type of actions whilst at the club and at other prior to us.

No disrespect but naturally I don't think many would take your opinion as the most objective view on things regarding SC, same as anyone with a bit of an axe to grind.

43 minutes ago, spudski said:

Is he...? I suggest you get your facts right before handing out insults. Anyone can read a website that's out of date. And before you go slating managers in the lower divisions of Spanish football I suggest you know bugger all about the standard over there.

He's a development manager/coach. That's his forte. Not managing men's football.

Why did he take the job then? Why did he only last such a short period?

His departure from San Roque de Lepe was by "mutual consent" after they were relegated... San Roque de Lepe being the club that hosted our pre-season friendly with Charlton Athletic under Keith Millen.

9 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

No disrespect but naturally I don't think many would take your opinion as the most objective view on things regarding SC, same as anyone with a bit of an axe to grind.

I don't have an axe to grind about SC. I disliked him way before he joined City. Mainly from actions carried out at Burnley. It had nothing to do with him coming in after SoD. It's not his fault the Club decided to employ him. I understand anyone thinking what you've implied, that's their prerogative. However the actions and the way SC treated some of the coaching staff present, and other people at the Academy whilst here, underlined everything I already knew about him. Some others however actually liked his presence. Each to their own, depending on each individuals agenda.

9 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Why did he take the job then? Why did he only last such a short period?

I don't know the reasons surrounding that stint. I'll ask someone who is close to him, next time I see them. Whether they divulge the reasons, is another thing.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Just personally curious / nosey @spudski how do you know so much about the standard of Spanish 3rd Div?

Have watched it regularly mate...would be rude not to when you have the likes of Barcelona 2nds and other big team 2nds playing in it. Spain, Portugal and Italy. Watched a fair bit in my time. Plus had property in the past in Spain and Portugal that was visited regularly, so made trips to watch games.

Have also recommended players from this league and below to clubs.

3 hours ago, spudski said:

Evidently...you know nothing, yet feel confident enough to make an arse of yourself ;-)

Get your head out your arse and your fingers out your ears. You're not the ******* god on here. 

Its the Spanish third division for **** sake. What I do know is once you get to the bottom of the Spanish 1st division the Standard is battling with the championship/league 1 

12 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Get your head out your arse and your fingers out your ears. You're not the ******* god on here. 

Its the Spanish third division for **** sake. What I do know is once you get to the bottom of the Spanish 1st division the Standard is battling with the championship/league 1 

Ooooooooooo....someone's got issues... :handbags:So you reckon Barcelona 2nds who play in the third tier and other such teams are nothing? Nothing to be proud of and worth coaching in?

Sorry fella...but to come on here starting insults for the sake of it, just shows you up for what you are. No need for it. I suggest you stick to crayons and your colouring book...and go insert them up your own arse.

If you have got a problem with the Championship or League 1, I suggest you go and follow your Prem side instead of belittling others who love it and appreciate it's quality.

:gasmask:

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

Ooooooooooo....someone's got issues... :handbags:So you reckon Barcelona 2nds who play in the third tier and other such teams are nothing? Nothing to be proud of and worth coaching in?

Sorry fella...but to come on here starting insults for the sake of it, just shows you up for what you are. No need for it. I suggest you stick to crayons and your colouring book...and go insert them up your own arse.

If you have got a problem with the Championship or League 1, I suggest you go and follow your Prem side instead of belittling others who love it and appreciate it's quality.

:gasmask:

What the **** are you on about you strange ****

2 hours ago, spudski said:

Have watched it regularly mate...would be rude not to when you have the likes of Barcelona 2nds and other big team 2nds playing in it. Spain, Portugal and Italy. Watched a fair bit in my time. Plus had property in the past in Spain and Portugal that was visited regularly, so made trips to watch games.

Have also recommended players from this league and below to clubs.

I find it fascinating reading your stuff on here, being nothing other myself than a Bristol family man, who watches City at home as a fan since the early 90's, your insights into the game and the internal details you are privy to do make for interesting reading.

Not sure if you've mentioned this before, but have you ever worked for City in any capacity, coaching, scouting etc?

Archived